- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Stores across the country.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Marketing US team. This role will be managing Dyson USA social media accounts, as well as plan and create content for Dyson’s multiple social platforms. We are looking for a Social Media Manager with experience in both social analytics and community management. The role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication between teams, and an interest in the technology, innovation, and social advertising worlds. You will work closely with the campaign strategist, content makers, writers, consumer insights, analytics experts, communications and marketing teams to ensure that projects are executed efficiently and deliver the desired results. You will also analyze social content performance and trends and use this knowledge to inform partners across the company. You will help define the future of Social at Dyson, working with cross-functional teams as they develop their social expertise and working closely with Group (Global team), informing the global strategies.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
- Develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
- Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for social channel
- Maintain the Dyson brand in all of our social communications, working to protect our reputation and brand narrative on social.
- Work with the COE (Center of Excellence) creative team to develop creative assets for different channels across markets.
- Guide creative content teams responsible for developing social content. Educate them on “best practices” for different social channels and content formats. Having an interest in new and emerging platforms and formats is critical.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Localize and execute global social media campaigns for Dyson, working collaboratively with teams across the US and in the UK.
- Familiarity and comfort writing in a brand voice for social is key. Comfort publishing on social platforms is of utmost importance.
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to the social market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Be the expert and keep the team smart on best practices and future opportunities.
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation and drive retailer compliance in stores.
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
- Use social listening platforms to provide marketing managers with content performance data, conversation sentiment and trends, competitive intelligence, and insights.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills; this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; working in advertising, marketing, digital or communications agency or in-house social function.
- A CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Knowledge of and experience using social listening and social media management platforms such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc.
- Experience with live shopping and social e-commerce desired
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.