- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas - unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
We are scaling our software development toolchain as we expand and grow from a project and people perspective. If you are passionate about how lean agile software development practices can help you build the best products for your customers and relish the challenge of using those techniques in a complex environment where mechanics, software, electronics and machine learning meet, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Software Tools & Process Manager, this key role will help us define and develop software solutions for our tools and services within our CI pipeline. The number of our software developers is growing and the user base of our development toolchain in Dyson is growing steadily, with over 2000 active users. The use of Atlassian, Sonarqube, TestRail, BlackDuck, Artifactory and other tools is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all sectors of the business. Our SW development environment must be kept up to date with the latest tools and services that support our product delivery & business processes, as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions.
About the roleKey responsibilities:
- You will help to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK & SEA.
- You’ll be working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the Software organisation, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
- You will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- You will help to maintain our templates within our Atlassian toolchain and deliver custom project and issue types according to product development requirements.
- You’ll be enabling the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
- You will develop scripts to automate management of the tool/system and links with other systems.
- You’ll be providing day to day support to RDD Software teams to investigate and resolve support & incident ticket requests.
Qualifications & skills:
- 2+ years of Atlassian System Administrator experience (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo)
- Developer experience working on Python, C/C++, Docker & Linux/RHEL
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases, JAVA / Tomcat applications, Ubuntu / Red Hat / CentOS, Open Source Configuration, Python/Bash scripting, Version Control - Git/SVNWorking, Artifactory, Sonarqube, BlackDuck, Google Test, Ceedling.
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
We would love it if you also had:
- A passion for software development and the tools and services needed to enable that
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux and Realtime operating systems
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of Sonarqube, Artifactory, BlackDuck
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.