- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based.
Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.
Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup.
Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level).
Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.
Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution. Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
• Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
• Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
• At least 1+ years’ experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
• Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
• Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
• Experience in configuration and use of sensor devices over I2C, SPI, UART with DMA.
• Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
• Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware
(interface to software systems).
• Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
• Knowledge of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
* All benefits are accessible from day 1
* HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
* Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
* Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
* Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
* Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.