- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
Develop real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based. Involve/Lead product/system requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept . Involve/Lead software architecture and high-level design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure. Involve in continuous integration (CI) infrastructure/environment setup. Responsible for low-level design, implementation/coding and software testing (unit/component/product level). Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards. Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution. Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Software development experience in requirement analysis, architecture, design, coding and testing of embedded system.
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience in embedded real-time software engineering, e.g. FreeRTOS.
- Experience in on and off target test harness, such as Ceedling, Behave, etc.
- Experience in usage of the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
- Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
- Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
- A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
- At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
- It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.