- Design and Development
- Malaysia - Development Centre
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role:
This role will work closely with Manufacturing site to provide Embedded Software support for Electronics modules within the Dyson product which developed by dedicated Product Embedded Software development team. at the same time also working cross functional team to help Project Delivery by collaborating to provide Embedded software capability per ad-hoc basis. acting as interface for Manufacturing, Quality Team with Development team on Embedded Software related solution or process.
- Full time production Software Engineer to work with the manufacturing side which is pointed by Dyson.
- Excited to join in a growing team of ambitious engineers and help to sort out and troubleshooting the production issue which is software related.
- Working closely with Project Team, Test Development Team, Hardware team and production line to ensure the smooth operation of engineering build with the delivered/released software from Software development team.
- Able to review and understand the product design, software design, hardware schematic, production line test setup, ETS (Electronics Test Specification) for FCT and EoL.
- Involving in technical troubleshooting and analysis on production line build failure, machine calibration failure, software maintenance and Scripting.
- Providing the ad-hoc training and guidance to manufacturing side on the test procedure and debugging system.
- Able to do the issue tracking and debug on the complex production issues.
- Working with product sustaining team on investigating Software Failure on Market Return Unit. Root-Cause Analysis and preventive action.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 1-3 year of experience in production line assembly process, FCT and EOL, Calibration mechanism and software support in building machine.
- Familiar with programming and scripting in C/C++/Linux/Python.
- Use of Linux command line environment.
- Use of lab equipment such as multimeter, soldering irons and oscilloscopes for debugging and resolving issues.
- Good understanding of basic hardware and its interfacing to software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skill in both Hardware and Software.
- Agile software development experience.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.