- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
About Dyson IT
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
We have end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. The team is arranged into investment areas including Commercial & Connectivity, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development, Corporate – and many others.
About the role
Within our Commercial & Connectivity area we are now looking for a Software Engineering professional to lead and manage the software delivery engine for Commercial change (including supporting our E-commerce and Customer Service Support business and IT change).
Reporting to the Head of Application Development your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a Development Practice delivering technical solutions to support Dyson’s E-Commerce and Customer Service Support business and IT change.
- Low level Design, Development, Build and Deployment across all Commercial applications and platforms.
- Managing and executing DevOps strategy, ensuring the appropriate tooling is in place to support safe, fast, regular CI/CD.
- Liaising with Cyber Security to expand to DevSecOps.
- Environment and Release strategy development, management and governance.
- Building strong development and DevOps teams that are capable, efficient and customer focused, recruitment and supplier contracting.
- Developing the future strategy for Dyson’s software development capability.
- Defining and improving software quality across software delivery teams and delivering efficiency and improving software development.
- Partnering with Portfolio Management teams on all Commercial Application projects to ensure they are properly scheduled, and resources assigned.
This role will be based on-site at our offices in Bristol City Centre (preferred) or split between Bristol and our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire. You must also be willing and able to travel overseas for global project work, if necessary.
You’ll be a Software Engineering expert, perhaps with a background in Development, with previous technical team management experience (direct responsibility of >5 direct reports and in-direct >100). With your experience with one or more programming languages, you’ll also have experience with large-scale websites and applications and ‘release to production’.
Other key requirements include:
- Exceptional knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile and PRINCE2.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of managing, directing and motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives.
- Able to produce quality strategy and implementation communications and think strategically.
- Adept at advising key stakeholders at Senior and Executive Board level.
- Thrives on change in a very fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a desire to produce the best solution possible.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira would be an advantage.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site (excluding Bristol)
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.