- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Intelligent Machines (IM) Team is working on robotics and machine learning software development. You will work with a group of world-class software architects, robotics software specialists, and machine learning specialists on Dyson’s most complex products development.
About the role
You'll be an experienced robotics software development manager decent software knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of complex features to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
You'll collaborate with architects, software engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You'll have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains and will ideally have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software, robotics components with a focus on behavioural software.
- Ability to inspire people, manage stakeholders’ expectation, and pave the wave for the team to deliver the product.
- Be updated on the latest robotics, machine learning, and software techniques, strategies, tools and so on.
- Be responsible for the people management and technical oversight of several scrum teams for robotics software development
- Willing to groom and grow talents to succeed in their roles, which includes software architects, robotics and machine learning specialists and software developers.
- Support Product Manager (SAFe), RTE, Design Manager, and Project Manager on robotics software delivery.
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance; being able to quickly understand product requirements, scope the required software modules, and provide technical leadership.
- Identify the training and coaching opportunities for the teams.
- Involve in the recruitment and on-boarding new joiners to grow the team.
- Report and update teams’ status to senior management.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical/project risks within products and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required
- A strong quantitative background in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or robotics engineering related fields.
- 10+ years industry experience in software, at least 3+ years people management experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: computer vision, localisation, SLAM, motion trajectory control, image processing, object detection/recognition, task management, manipulation, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- Proven leadership (managed direct reports) and problem solving ability.
- Eexcellent object oriented programming capability
- Good command of C++/Python
- Experience with full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile software development process, scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is an advantage.
- Experience with requirement definition, architecture design, development and debug, software testing, especially in robotics and machine learning area.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across multiple product deliverables and manage multiple schedules.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc, is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.