- Design and Development
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson software is key to the products that we develop. We are rapidly growing our global embedded software department and have a range of opportunities. In particular, we are looking for a software manager, to help lead some of our Embedded Software scrum teams.
We want to build high performing teams that reflect a diverse range of experience and abilities that give opportunity for growth, from graduate level engineers to those with several decades of expertise.
If you have used a Dyson product, you will have experienced software that has been produced by us. We developed the user interface for the latest V15 cordless vacuum cleaner and the Corrale hair straightener. We wrote the software running on the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool and the Dyson Lightcycle. We built the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy solution to make our products part of the Internet of Things.
Dyson is ambitiously evolving and expanding its product lines, which challenges us to develop exciting solutions and engage with new technologies which we can’t reveal just yet.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Embedded Software, as an embedded software manager you will be responsible for driving existing scrum teams to deliver to project commitments while also building new teams, both here in Poland, and globally. You will manage and lead these teams to ensure the design and development of innovative solutions to meet our product needs.
To succeed in managing your scrum teams, your strong leadership style will value collaboration, you will coach and mentor your teams to ensure the creation of high quality, robust code, so that we can solve diverse real-world problems. You will have a background in embedded C/C++ and be comfortable in the whole product life cycle, as well as have experience in building and leading teams in a dynamic environment.
You will be a proactive member of an embedded software leadership team, and you will be able to bring new initiatives to life, and collectively have accountability for global scrum teams responsible for the software delivery of one of Dyson’s major product lines. In Dyson, we operate using the scaled agile framework model (SAFe) which we refine continuously.
- Deliver and implement relevant strategies to ensure your scrum teams are highly effective
- Accountability for software development and delivered by your scrum teams
- Coach and mentor engineers to help achieve career goals
- Understand the status of teams, flagging issues and supporting their resolution
- Recruitment and onboarding of new engineers to ensure resource levels and skills match demand
- Performance Management of individuals including goal setting, review and appraisal
- Champion Lean & Agile practices, supporting teams as we continually look to improve
- Significant software development experience at a senior level
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Good understanding of people and ability to listen and build trust
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident representing your team at all levels
- Good knowledge of software development best practice
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Strong interest in new technology and leadership trends
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical care
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Cafeteria benefit – MyBenefit (sport card, cinema tickets, vouchers etc)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday allowance
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.