- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our Robotics team are leading the field in sensory and perception technology. Enabling us to design and build machines that are increasingly intelligent and operate autonomously –something our owners now expect as homes are getting smarter. Our teams in Malmesbury, Hullavington and Singapore are growing fast –from concept, through build, test, de-bug to delivery, working to redefine industry standards.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced senior software platform engineer to join our ambitious and expanding team that delivers challenging products in consumer robotics. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the delivery of robotics platforms, ensuring Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
You will deliver platforms, tools and the environment to support the development of current and new robotics products, collaborating with our existing team of platform engineers, robotics software engineers, research engineers, mechanical engineers and hardware/sensor engineers, to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever-expanding Dyson product portfolio.
- 5+ years Software development experience, preferably in Python & C++
- Broad experience of maintaining tools and software across a variety of technologies
- Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
- Development of CI/CD pipeline to provide automatic build, testing and release of software.
- Experience of a Linux development environment.
- Familiarity with Linux scripting in Bash
- Ability to communicate complex information at all levels.
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
- Experience with maintaining a custom Linux distribution, ideally using Yocto.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset.
- Understanding of systems design and integration.
- Experience of writing or porting a BSP to new hardware
- Experience of working with Linux device drivers, kernel programming, or bootloaders
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Hullavington campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Digital lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.