- Electronics, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
There is an immediate requirement for a Systems Design Engineer with experience of working on embedded software systems to work on new and interesting projects.
You will work in agile, high achieving, multi-disciplinary project teams that deliver outstanding results without the constraints typically found in larger organisations.
The role will require you to take ownership of Systems Engineering activities throughout the project lifecycle, supporting system activities that includes representatives from mechanical, motors, power, electronics and software teams.
You will be working closely with the product design manager and multi-disciplinary teams of hardware and software design engineers to take a project through from design concept to production, to include the following activities:
- Requirements capture & management: capture internal customer & end user needs and distil into functional and non-functional requirements for the electronics aspects of the product.
- Partitioning of requirements into individual sub-systems such that the overall system and safety requirements can be met and specified. Managing the derivation & flow-down to lower-level subsystem and module level requirements.
- Use a model based systems engineering approach to capture and manage requirements and system architecture.
- Work with and support the architecture team in developing the definition of candidate system architectures. Participate in trade-off studies and decision analysis to arrive at an agreed functional & physical architecture solution.
- Work closely with quality, safety and reliability teams to ensure the product meets all applicable standards.
- Provide estimates of engineering effort to assist in the planning and scheduling of requirements and modelling activities.
- Work with and support the product V&V, hardware and software engineering teams in the integration of subsystems and functions to form the final working product.
- Able to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking.
- Sound understanding of requirements management and the system design process
- Experience gained in a solution design role with demonstrable practical experience.
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle from requirements capture through to test and integration, and all associated documentation.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with subject matter experts across a range of technical and operational topics.
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical design documentation
- Working knowledge of Design tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Rhapsody, UML, SYSML, Matlab/Simulink)
- Experience of all stages of the development lifecycle from requirements elicitation to software/hardware validation.
- System design of small or medium sized projects
- Embedded software development experience