- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
We own and develop the Dyson Link Smart home app, which is at the forefront of Dyson's IoT experience. We are proud of what we have built so far; we have an App Store and Google Play rating of 4.5 and 4.3 stars respectively, we have more than 1 million active users worldwide and our IoT platform has over 4 million connected Dyson machines - with big ambitions in place for the future.
We have huge ambitions to grow this platform whilst connecting more machines across even more categories, making this challenge of considerable interest to those within the Dyson tech community!
We have teams located across the UK, Singapore and Poland. We all come from a variety of educational backgrounds and experience levels; not all of us are computer science graduates. We believe that teams composed of people from diverse backgrounds are more successful and innovative.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using Scrum or Kanban frameworks, each tailoring their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing. We all share a commitment to creating high-quality code, and engineers choose to follow practices such as pair programming, mobbing, and test-driven development. We also regularly share our knowledge and interests peer-to-peer through ‘community meetings’, which have led to the adoption of new technologies and improved cross-team collaboration.
Besides being software professionals, we are also people who enjoy playing online or board games, heading out to lunchtime yoga classes, recording our latest run on Strava or just catching up over coffee.
If you're a Test Engineer that's looking for a new role within a super-friendly, collaborative team of mixed software professionals whilst being exposed to new technologies as they emerge alongside future Dyson products - then join us!
About the role
We are on the lookout for Test Engineers (of all-levels) to join our mobile app team at Dyson. Our app is a super-app, it's complex and functions as a one-stop hub for Dyson customers, allowing them to use iOT, to control, view data, purchase accessories and troubleshoot their dyson products. Our plans for apps future our significant, it's forever evolving, which keeps our software teams at the forefront of their craft, enabling continuous growth opportunity.
We recognise testing as a craft, a skill set that comes with dedication, focus and passion so we'll value your experience whilst supporting and facilitating your career growth. If you're not getting the chance to use modern technologies and practices in your current role then Dyson will change that, we'll help you grow your technical capabilities.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with your fellow engineers to contribute to features and improvements to our Dyson Link app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Working with colleagues from other disciplines, including developers, product owners, Scrum Masters, UX/UI designers, and software engineers in our cloud and embedded teams
- Sharing knowledge within the app team to develop your skills and competencies and those of your teammates
- Coaching more junior colleagues
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Writing automation tests and improving the framework
- Manually testing high-value but expensive to automate app and product interactions
- Mocking endpoints and products
- Coordinating exploratory testing sessions
- Reporting on, monitoring and triaging bugs
- Leading discussions on test approaches and risk reduction within your team
- Brining clarity to complex problems
- Coaching colleagues inside and outside of your team
- Presenting quality initiatives and stats inside and outside of your team
- Actively contributing the Testing Community meetings
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve quality within your team
- Keeping the scrum team focused on a quality first mindset
- You are a leading voice in refinements and three amigos ensuring the Acceptance Criteria is fit for purpose
- You naturally are curious and ask questions
- You are passionate about testing early and often
- You understand how to reduce risk in a time sensitive environment
- You identify areas for improvement in your team and in the department
- You know how to test for accessibility
- You are familiar with using Charles or a similar tool
- You’re a collaborative person that believes in the Agile principles and how they can help empowered teams deliver the best software
- You have contributed UI test code to commercial projects
- You’re passionate about learning new things and sharing those things with others
- You embrace change and can be flexible in your approach to problems
- You like to share skills through pairing and coaching
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Secure bike parking / Cycle to work scheme
- Free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.