- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
We’re looking for a Lead Test Engineer to join our new Mobile development team in Singapore. The successful candidate is a technical test lead who values shipping quality builds on a regular basis. You are able to define test frameworks and processes to continue to grow our test automation code-base and toolchain.
You can swiftly spot weaknesses in a system made of many moving parts; you’re up to date with what’s changed in the latest Android or iOS releases and understand their impact. You can also proactively shape existing test frameworks, create new ones where appropriate and automate tests to ensure bugs don’t surface again.
You’ll be working to create a world class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside a formidable team of fellow engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Lead a small team of test engineers, both in terms of line management and processes and practises.
- Be a leader in our overall test approach and strategy, with test automation at the forefront of that.
- Keep up with multiple Agile development teams, formulating verification tasks for stories but also understanding the big picture for the week ahead. Provide critical input at all stages of design and development of a new features.
- Perform exploratory testing, being able to de-construct the interactions between apps, products and a micro-service oriented cloud platform to find weak spots.
- Implementing automation scripts, contributing to test suites and UI automation written in Ruby using Appium.
- Spot where automation can help and add capabilities to in-house crafted emulators and diagnostics tools to make future testing easier.
- Discover and reproduce bugs, documenting them in our JIRA project.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with project managers, internal customers and developers to prioritise defects/bugs on live projects and regular releases.
Exposure to Xcode, Android Studio or Java / .Net development environment
Proficient, or interested in, open source test frameworks like Cucumber and Calabash/Appium and programming in Ruby, Node.js or C#.
Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies. Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry