- Design and Development
- Philippines - Alabang Office
We are scaling our software development toolchain as we expand and grow from a project and people perspective. If you are passionate about how lean agile software development practices can help you build the best products for your customers and relish the challenge of using those techniques in a complex environment where mechanics, software, electronics and machine learning meet, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Software Tools & Process Manager, this key role will help us define and develop software solutions for our tools and services within our CI pipeline. The number of our software developers is growing and the user base of our development toolchain in Dyson is growing steadily, with over 2000 active users. The use of Atlassian, Sonarqube, TestRail, BlackDuck, Artifactory and other tools is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all sectors of the business. Our SW development environment must be kept up to date with the latest tools and services that support our product delivery & business processes, as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions.
About the role
You will help to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK & SEA.
You’ll be working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the Software organisation, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
You will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
You will help to maintain our templates within our Atlassian toolchain and deliver custom project and issue types according to product development requirements.
You’ll be enabling the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
You will develop scripts to automate management of the tool/system and links with other systems.
You’ll be providing day to day support to RDD Software teams to investigate and resolve support & incident ticket requests.
About the role
- You will help to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK, Poland & SEA.
- You’ll be working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the Software organisation.
- You will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- You’ll be delivering Continuous Delivery Pipeline solutions through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy.
- You will develop SW solutions and scripts to automate management of the tool/system and links with other systems.
- You’ll be providing day to day support to RDD Software teams to investigate and resolve issues with the SW development toolchain.
Qualifications & skills
- Developer experience working on Python & Docker
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases, Open Source Configuration, Python/Bash scripting, Version Control - Git/SVN Working
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion
- Global collaborator - open minded to ideas from other perspectives
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
We would love it if you also had:
- A passion for software development and the tools and services needed to enable that
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of Sonarqube, Artifactory, BlackDuck, Google Test, Ceedling
- Experience of Linux operating systems; including Ubuntu / Red Hat / CentOS
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.