- Design and Development
- Poland - Krakow Office
The number of people using the Atlassian suite of tools in Dyson is growing steadily, with over 2000 active users across our development centres in UK, Poland, Malaysia, Singapore & Philippines. The use of Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo within the Atlassian toolchain is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all or teams in Research, Design & Development.
The Atlassian specialist is a Software Tools Developer role required to define and develop new solutions within the context of the product development & business processes as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions. Responsible for the day to day configuration and support of our Atlassian suite of tools, including optimising Jira workflows, Project templates and Build plans. You will also have to opportunity to work on our other development tools like Artifactory, BlackDuck & Sonarqube etc…
About the role
The successful applicant will work to deliver world class technical solutions to issues & problems, improvements & enhancements, as well as delivering additional capabilities and applications to support the use of the Atlassian tools and applications within Dyson.
You will report to the Tools & Process manager, working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the research department, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
- You will help to deliver world class technical solutions within a global team that supports the SW organisation across multiple sites in UK, Poland & SEA.
- Taking a proactive approach in the generation of ideas; present ideas and concepts to senior management & help make informed decisions by interpreting complex data to drive direction.
- You will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives.
- Leading technical delivery of requirements into tested solutions to agreed standards using agreed delivery methods, teaching and guiding others where necessary; including Investigation, definition and management of Atlassian add-ons and integrations.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Day to day support to Software teams to investigate and resolve support & incident ticket requests
Qualifications & skills:
- At least 2 years of Atlassian experience using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo & Bitbucket.
- It’s essential you’re a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting your work and representing the team at all levels.
- You’ll be able to build consensus with stakeholders to ensure we deliver what our customers and the wider business needs.
- You’ll have a breadth of product & technical knowledge to support an integrated delivery approach
- Able to communicate and report on complex technical issues at all levels
- Clear focus and drive for delivery – you’ll be able to find and maintain focus and priority in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Curious, inventive and creative - be prepared to solve tough problems and look beyond convention.
- Effective communicator - concise and timely communication, managing facts and emotion
- Global collaborator & mentor - open minded to ideas from other perspectives and helping others in the team
- Resilient - prepared to be challenged and thrive in change
We would love it if you also had:
- A passion for software development and the tools and services needed to enable that
- An appreciation of using Agile techniques in large teams (Less, SAFe etc.)
- Knowledge of Sonarqube, Artifactory, BlackDuck, Google Test, Ceedling
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / PostgreSQL databases, Open Source Configuration, Python/Bash scripting, Version Control - Git/SVN Working
- Experience of Linux operating systems; including Ubuntu / Red Hat / CentOS
- An interest in extracting data and answers with tools like; Elastic Search, Grafana, Splunk, Tableau, SQL Python scripts etc.
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme/ cinema tickets/ Multisport card
- Medical care
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.