- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Reporting to the Head of Application Development Practice, you will be responsible for:
- Managing strategic partners and 3rd party practices to ensure SW development requirements are clearly communicated and understood.
- Aligning and coordinating product owners and 3rd party development teams for backlogs, workloads and priorities.
- Measuring and facilitating routine service reviews for 3rd Party SW development team(s) throughput and performance against agreed KPIs.
- Validating 3rd party estimates for development effort and managing escalations as required, removing blockers and provisioning resources for 3rd party development outcomes.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with strategic partners and 3rd party vendors.
- Aligning with Global IT support teams on requirements for 3rd party vendor support.
- Aligning with and supporting IT Leadership and procurement teams on 3rd party contract re-negotiations (where required).
- Generating IT Leadership Team MI reports on 3rd Party SW Development performance and trends.
- Professional experience with programming languages, preferably Java.
- Professional experience with cloud hosted services
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications
- Experience with version control software
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritises multiple tasks effectively
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies
- Integrating Front End work with a CMS
- Line management experience
- Deep domain knowledge of Java
- E-Commerce experience
- Operational infrastructure experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines