- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
The Solution Architect will have responsibility for the design of IT applications and services within the designated geography. Having a balanced mix of technical and business skills this role will ensure that solutions are developed appropriately - aligned both to the local business requirements and the global architectural pattern standards.
The objective of this role is to mature the technology capability across the geography, providing a bridge between Solution Architecture, Infrastructure, Data and Security Architecture through the innovative use of technology solutions, enabling our markets to continue to grow in terms of volume, market share, revenue and profit. IT is critical to Dyson business success and this is especially true as we expand our product range and global operations. By successfully deploying and operating performant, scalable and appropriate business solutions, Dyson is able to operate profitably and compete effectively in the face of intensifying global competition. In the digital age, the IT function seeks to positively transform the business through utilisation of innovative technology solutions and these solutions must be delivered at speed, releasing tangible business value as Dyson continues to grow. IT solutions must support the refinement of the existing core business model whilst also facilitating new revenue opportunities.
About the role
In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) and those existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
The Solution Architect – Engineering and Operations will be reporting to the Head of Solution Architecture or Lead Solution Architect and will be:
- Focused on Dyson’s core Engineering and Operations solutions (including Supply Chain & Manufacturing), end-to-to end accountability for all aspects of Solution Architecture within the region
- Working in alignment with the Global Architecture teams (Solution, Data, Security, Infrastructure and Integration Architecture) to oversee the architectural design of our current and new:
- Engineering and Ops / Supply Chain and Manufacturing:
- Warehousing and Supply Chain systems
- Manufacturing Execution solutions
- Demand Management and Fulfilment solutions
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems
- Collaborating with the business stakeholders to deliver IT solutions and services aligned to the business vision and mission objectives.
- Comprehending the business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs.
- Working with senior business stakeholders to elicit business plans that drive overall solution architecture and strategy for the Engineering and Operations solutions application landscape.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Communicating design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved.
- Working with and leading third party technology vendors and System Integrator partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the Engineering and Operations solutions application landscape.
- Producing detailed design specifications, maintain application portfolios, develop strategies and support business reviews.
- Within a change programme, leading the preparation of technical plans and, in liaison with business assurance and project staff, ensuring that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Developing and maintain architecture models, technology strategies and solution roadmaps that articulate and guide application strategy, in alignment with Dyson’s corporate strategy and blueprint.
- Acting as the design authority point of contact for working projects within your solution landscape by attending global architecture governance forums and being part of the design authority groups Engineering and Operations.
- Ensuring adherence to the core Dyson IT Application Strategy and Design principles in alignment with Dyson’s Target Architecture.
- Aligning with Dyson Architecture Design teams to ensure the designs and strategy for the Engineering and Operations solutions align to the overall direction of the architecture.
- Working to ensure designed solutions move seamlessly into project execution and support.
- Providing guidance to the IT leadership team, senior stakeholders and other colleagues to maximize value of IT architecture.
- Acting as a contributing member of programme and project teams - from project inception to completion.
- Providing advice and making decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects.
- Collaborating with programme and project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions.
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures in line with the global IT strategy, working closely with the Group IT functions
- Assessing and evaluating risk as required, including possible mitigations and working with global teams to ensure the risks are registered.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Building awareness and providing guidance of country/region specific legal and mandatory requirements affecting technology deployment or operations.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- Fluent in English (and local required languages)
- Strong business acumen.
- Capable of managing expectations throughout the full service delivery cycle and sponsoring successful transformation to enable and drive real business change across multiple geographic domains.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- A strong leader in the field of architecture.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Willingness to travel within APAC & to the UK (20% - 40% of time).
- is essential
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle and complex heterogeneous systems environments.
- With regards to the systems landscape experience of the following is essential;
- Engineering and Ops / Supply Chain and Manufacturing:
- Siemens TeamCenter
- SAP WMS, TMS
- SAP S/4 HANA
- Multicarrier Parcel Management systems
- Order Management Systems
- Ability to identify technology, functionality and methods that could be of significant benefit to Dyson and drive those through into successful implementation.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
- Working knowledge of the region as well as global regulation landscape.
- Experience in utilizing an architecture framework and approaches (e.g. TOGAF)
- A strong desire to stay informed of technological developments and understanding their applicability to Dyson business problems and opportunities.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.