- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
About the role
You’ll be the Solutions Architect responsible for the design of IT applications and services within our Finance, HR and Dyson Business Services (DBS) corporate functions, ensuring that solutions are developed appropriately and aligned to both local business requirements and the global architectural pattern standards.
Our objective is to mature the technology capability across Dyson, providing a bridge between Solution Architecture, Infrastructure, Data and Security Architecture, through innovative use of technology solutions, enabling our markets to continue to grow in volume, market share, revenue and profit, so that we can compete effectively in the face of intensifying, global competition.
Key responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end accountability for all aspects of Solution Architecture within our Finance, HR and DBS functions.
- Working with the Global Architecture teams (Solution, Data, Security, Infrastructure and Integration Architecture) to oversee the architectural design of new and existing HR, Finance and DBS applications such as: LMS, Payroll, Time & Attendance, Compensation, Procurement, Financial Reporting, Tax & Treasury, Risk, Cash & Banking etc.
- Working with senior stakeholders to elicit business plans that drive overall solution architecture and strategy for the solutions application landscape.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Working with third parties and partners to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities to build roadmaps for the solutions application landscape.
- Producing detailed design specifications, maintaining application portfolios, developing strategies and supporting business reviews.
- Developing and maintaining architecture models, technology strategies and solution roadmaps that articulate and guide application strategy.
- Acting as design authority point of contact for working projects by attending global architecture governance forums and being part of relevant design authority groups.
- Working to ensure designed solutions move seamlessly into project execution and support.
In this role you will be based on-site at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire or, if preferred at our office in Bristol (City Centre).
You’ll have a solid background of Solution Architecture within in Finance and/or HR functions (essential) and experience of the full software delivery lifecycle in complex, diverse systems environments.
Other key requirements include:
- Experience in utilizing an architecture framework and approaches (e.g., TOGAF).
- Solid understanding of software design principles and languages.
- Knowledge of a modelling language such as UML or Archimate.
- A strong desire to evolve architecture and architecture practices.
- Good grounding in general technical architecture to include hosting (On Premise & Cloud), storage and networks.
- Working knowledge of national/International standards and best practices associated with IT Architecture.
- A proven track record of senior level business engagement / stakeholder management.
- Ethical, integrity, attention to detail, thrives on change, can work at a very fast pace.
- The following systems landscape experience is preferred:
- Workday HCM
- SAP Concur
- SAP Ariba
- S4 Hana
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site (excluding Bristol)
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.