- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail IT team
Dyson’s Global IT – Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Retail Systems Function – has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global planning, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain and retail business processes. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team is arranged into three business and technology-focused domains:
Planning & Manufacturing Systems Supply Chain Systems Retail Systems
Reporting to the Senior Solutions Architect, you will be accountable for leading and supporting activities that guide the design and development of the Retail technology and direct supply chain portfolio. The Omni-Channel Solution Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports activities that guide the design and development of the retail technology and direct (B2C) supply chain portfolio. Solutions include applications such as POS, payment systems, ERP integration, order management system (OMS) integration, retail traffic analytics, CRM integration, etc.
The Omni-Channel Solution Architect provides a unique combination of functional and technical product expertise and delivery implementation experience in retail systems to design and deliver software solutions to meet the needs of Dyson Global Retail & Direct Supply Chain teams. The Omni-Channel Solution Architect will work closely with members of Dyson’s Global Retail & Commercial Business team as well as across a variety of technology functions to understand business and system requirements and provide a critical link between the functional and technical delivery team to ensure a complete and cohesive solution.
He/she has a deep understanding of Dyson direct retail & direct supply chain business goals, objectives, business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes. The Omni-Channel Solution Architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. He or she creates deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes.
The role is responsible for:
- Work with the Head of IT, Product Managers and Solution Leads to support with defining and leading the architecture vision across global IT for Retail and Supply chain Domains.
- Help to shape and maintain the reference and target architectures and a knowledge base for the Retail and Supply chain Domains
- Provide detailed specifications on functional and non-functional requirements for proposed solutions (including high- and low-level end to end designs)
- Support the solution build and integration to meet the requirements of the organization
- Provide technical insight for Retail & Direct Supply Chain portfolio shaping and feature development and reduction of technical debt
- Work with project teams, product management teams, integration engineers and analysts to review and drive technical compliance
- Serve as technical liaison between project / product teams and the architect community and design authorities
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have, accounting for possible project challenges on constraints including risks, time, resources, and scope
- Assess the systems architecture currently in place and work with Product Teams to recommend improvements to the architecture
- Assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions
- Maintain alignment with Dyson enterprise principles, architectural standards, and best practice
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Stay abreast of technology trends including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes
- Actively participate in an architectural community (e.g., Architecture Review Board) to share good practice and lessons learnt to hone skills and master technical capabilities
- Ensure adherence to Dyson’s Enterprise Architecture standards and ways of in accordance with Dyson’s standards and policies along with any legislative requirements (e.g. Security Standards, GDPR, PCI etc)
- Experience and a proven track record of designing and implementing retail technology and direct supply chain solutions
- Experience of working as a solution architect, designing, architecting and implementing solutions
- More than 5 years’ experience in retail implementations and delivery and solving business problems with software and technology
- Functional and technical knowledge of Distributed Order Management and/or Delivery Management Systems (Manhattan Active-Omni, BlueYonder, SAP, or similar)
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge in point-of-sale (POS) solution architecture (New Black, Cegid, Oracle, Diebold-Nixdorf, NCR, LS-Retail or similar). Experience in implementation of enterprise systems such as ERP, order management, CRM would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with industry and security standards Agile, TOGAF and PCI-DSS
- Experience with payment vendors/gateways
- Familiar with integration architecture principles and topics
- Experience in solution architecture within a cloud environment
- Must be confident working with all levels of management, and understand the demands and responsibilities of those roles
- Some travel may be required
- Adaptable with natural ability to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships (globally) and with a natural collaborative nature
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to stay abreast of changes and innovations in the market of retail technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.