- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our IT teams provide modern solutions that help remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows. The way we function is constantly evolving and becoming more digital, with an ever-increasing number of new platforms and tools available.
About the role
Our Commercial & Connectivity team work with business colleagues to understand what solutions they need, providing development and delivery services globally. Our Technical & Solution Architecture teams provide modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows.
In your new role you’ll own baseline and target architectures for a particular area of the business or programme, including adherence to our Dyson technical standards and architecture principles. You’ll produce high level design specifications, maintain application portfolios, develop strategies and collaborate with Project/Programme teams to ensure technical compliance with these standards and principles.
As a senior consultant, you’ll be providing guidance and thought leadership to the business and IT teams, as well as communicating design decisions and managing the expectations of key stakeholders across the business. You’ll be expected to interpret requirements, identify capability gaps and produce design documents including logical design, capability maps, integration and data views, ensuring the smooth implementation of projects into business-as-usual support.
We have a very ambitious roadmap of technology changes to support our expanding product catalogue, so it’s a very exciting time to joining Dyson!
This role will be based on-site at our offices in Bristol City Centre.
As an experienced Solutions Architect you’ll have an exceptional track record in enterprise-level application design / application architecture and solid experience of CMS, E-commerce, CRM, and ERP platforms (e.g., Adobe, Salesforce, SAP).
Other key requirements include:
- Proven track record of senior-level business engagement / stakeholder management.
- Previous experience of working within an established and efficient, global Architecture team.
- Experience in supporting project delivery involving both in-house and third-party design, development, testing and project management partners.
- An understanding of security principles and how such policies can be applied to the design of solutions.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and methodical mindset.
- Experience with enterprise architecture methodologies i.e., TOGAF would be beneficial.
Our global projects involve exciting, cutting-edge technology so thinking on your feet, managing stakeholders and driving change across various platforms is also key.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site (excluding Bristol)
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.