- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson V12 Detect Slim vacuum. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Brand Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson Marketing Team; Japan
Dyson’s in-house marketing team includes brand and product marketing, in-store and digital marketing, insights as well as our own in-house media and creative functions. The 50-strong team oversees the unique positioning of Dyson’s technology campaigns in Japan, using attuned local insights, bespoke creative and planning execution from media, to events, in-store and online; in close collaboration with our Head Office.
About the role
The Senior Brand Executive will be responsible for brand building, product & marketing communication strategy and executions for Dyson Hair Care category in the Japan market. You will develop and Execute Marketing activities which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes Deliver programme of marketing activity
- Work with Head of Hair Care, and rest of the retail, digital, sales and PR teams to define existing and new consumer target(s) and segments and develop propositions and programs to drive Hair Care business within them
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of local marketing plans by channel tobuild brand equity and drive consumer purchase for our Hair care product range.
- Conduct competitor and market analysis, including product and claim analysis, to develop competitor interception strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market strategies with large scale marketing budget, ongoing support and plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, channel strategies, public relations, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Assist with the development of effective brand communications including TV, Print etc.
- Effectively manage key external agencies – Creative Agency, Media Agency, etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment and consistency across markets wherever possible and sensible. Influence global team with solid understanding of both Japan and differences from other markets.
About you (Skills/Competencies)
- 5+years marketing experience in Asia required as a true multi-functional project leader, from either client side or agency side. Beauty category experience preferred.
- Experience in multimedia strategy, plan, and executions, especially good knowledge in TV and digital media such as search, email, digital partners, affiliate etc.
- Experience of managing and maximizing effectiveness with retail (trade) partners preferable. Customer engagement, in-store display, driving effective conversion in-store.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required
- Passionate about consumers, customers, technologies
- Enjoy fast pace and dynamic environment
- Self-starter, taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding our scopes by self
- Strong passion in Creative, Innovative solutions, taking manageable risk to try a new own way
- Fluent English skill, need to negotiate, push & pull, agree & disagree in high level English communication
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.