- Project and Programme Management
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
The Dyson Sr. Project Change Manager is a high calibre change manager, recognized for their leadership and change management capabilities. You are capable of leading and taking the organization on the journey of change, with first class communication and people skills. You’re commercially astute and used to working collaboratively across a number of different business functions e.g. Group IT, Group Commercial, Group Owner Experience and Markets (countries). You can take complex issues and manage them simply, with the ability to articulate these back to senior level stakeholders. You have experience in working across multiple Americas markets and cross-functional departments and are sensitive to the local challenges, cultural differences and can engage and motivate the team to adapt to change. You are used to managing projects or being the change lead on multiple projects / programs.
- Support in house business change capability which will provide business change support to Dyson led programmes and projects. In this capacity, you will:
- Educate and drive engagement of the entire business around change, and the importance of effective change management
- Effectively collaborate with regional change teams to establish consistent change lifecycle within Dyson to ensure a consistent approach to change
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the organization to ready them for business change i.e. consideration of impact, communication, training, stakeholder management, business readiness, benefits tracking, etc.
- Provide business change support to multiple cross functional initiatives, driving best practice.
- You will take a change management lead on core transformation programs impacting the Americas business. In this capacity, you will:
- Collaborate closely with IT to drive the overall scope of delivery, overseeing the end-to-end lifecycle of change, oversee management of the effort with focus to manage the impacts to the business across Americas markets and the relevant functions that are impacted within these markets e.g. Direct (Digital, retail), Customer Service, Supply Chain Operations, 3rd Party retail etc.
- Collaborate with HR to identify, plan for and execution of people aspects of change – change impact assessments, organization design impacts, detailed change management planning
- Work closely with the Head of Transforamation to ensure all projects are delivered on time, to scope and to requirements.
- Create exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure.
- Conduct diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Support 3rd Party and/or outsourced supplier management required to deliver / support change
- Maintain and manage all project documentation is maintained and managed as per scope of role.
- Work closely with the Head of Transformation in improving how the business executes change across the Americas markets, driving new ideas, ways of working and best practices.
Budget and Financial Management:
- You will take ownership to drive visibility and adherence to project level business case, budget and financial control. In this capacity, you will:
- Collaborate closely with appropriate governance forums (IT Governance Board, Local Americas Change Boards/Investment forums) and business functions to support formulation of appropriate budget and financials related to change projects for which you are accountable.
- Drive support for any related business case development and help coordinate appropriate alignment to review and sign off on business case and ready content for approval forums.
- Once a project is approved, work with appropriate partners from finance and the core team to monitor financial health of in flight project, coordinate billing approach, tracking actual cost, forecast cost and burn rate
- Work closely with key stakeholders to monitor and review (post project) the success of the project delivery e.g. benefits realizations, both hard and soft. In accordance with the business case.
- Leverage tools and resources to build new processes and help to interrogate existing processes with aim to improve efficiencies and overall process performance. In this capacity you will:
- Utilize tools and resources to analyze existing processes, identifying current state reality, future state aspiration and gaps to be addressed
- Utilize tools and resources to optimize and better control business processes
- Support the business with the successful implementation of updated and new business processes, leveraging your change management capabilities to work closely with key stakeholders to successfully imbed processes in the business.
- Support the identification of key performance indicators to help measure process success
- Excellent project and change management skills, using APMG and Lean methodologies to execute change focusing on our people, our processes, the systems and tools they use, while ensuring excellent communication throughout the lifecycle and scope.
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management in complex organizations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organizations and locations.
- Communications planning experience.
- People capability analysis, managing the gaps, including an understanding of HR business process changes.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Very strong stakeholder management skills at all levels from exec to front line employees.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Commercially astute
- Working knowledge and experience across Americas markets (US, Canada, Mexico)
- Experience across – Direct Retail, Digital, Customer Services, Operations, Supply Chain
- Agile and prince 2 (Sprint vs waterfall approaches)
- APMG Business Change professional
- Lean/ sixsigma certification
- Change management and business readiness professional
- 3rd Party management
- Microsoft packages intermediate + (Excel, Word, PPT, Project, Visio etc)
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.