- Competitive Salary
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, and lead our communications plans across the Middle East, Turkey & Africa. Focus countries include Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Israel and oversees Turkey. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier media in Dubai and ideally across the Middle East in particular. They will be hands on: managing relationships with local media, distributor partners and agencies. They will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, weaving together multiple narratives, and a leadership style that inspires and motivates their team to achieve unrivalled performance.
About the role
What you'll be doing:
- Devise and implement the communications strategy for Middle East, Turkey & Africa with a focus on telling stories around our problem solving core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy
- Ultimately we want to promote the good news, and manage the bad to inspire other influential people to spread the word on our behalf
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sale of our technology
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions across the region on a timely reactive basis
- Manage a programme of proactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media across the region to ensure consistently high level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity
- Work with the META leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management
- Line management responsibility for the META media relations team
- Manage the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivalled communications
What we'd like to see from you:
- We know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives.
- A detailed knowledge of Middle Eastern media and an awareness of the media landscape in the region. You will have experience of working across borders, having held senior level roles either in house, agency side, or media side.
- Ideally you will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
- Proven ability to collaborate with the other business functions, and play a contributing role to the success and delivery of the local business strategy and business results
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong experience in communications roles – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Perfect English and Arabic and a range of other language skills always a bonus.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you will be invited to join the company bonus scheme, get 26 days annual leave. You will also be eligible for flight enchasment to your home country upon completing one year of employment at Dyson. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.