- Planning and Retail Operations
- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
About the role:
The Demand Planner will work in partnership with Dyson Sales, Finance and Marketing with a focus on improving forecast accuracy and identifying replenishment and inventory gaps.
An expert in Demand planning, that will understand business priorities, actively contribute to process improvements, and provide recommendations.
This position will partner with the National Accounts Sales, Channel and Finance teams in creating sales and inventory forecasts; will also play an important part in working collaboratively with Marketing, Supply Planning, and planning teams in Southeast Asia on launches, discontinuations, and monthly forecast submissions.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Main responsibilities include forecasting, monthly performance analysis, and execution of an Integrated Planning process.
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Support Monthly S&OP/IBP process by generating and distributing reporting to help prepare for monthly meetings and communicate monthly forecast data to the organization
- Interact with Sales, Marketing and Finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Use and maintain Kinaxis software as the primary forecasting tool
- Own monthly forecast submission process
- Partner with regional teams to align on forecast submissions and capacity analysis when required
- Analyze monthly in-stock data and partner with Supply Planning and Channel Management to identify and resolve stock out issues
- Prepare and present forecast changes at monthly IBP meetings
- Summarize and call out risks, constraints, and opportunities at monthly meetings. Thorough assessment of demand vs supply situation, organizing information in a way that enables top management to make decisions
- Work closely with Channel and Supply Planning to reduce inventory at risk
- Work closely with Marketing/Supply to ensure innovation is forecasted in a timely manner and inventory for discontinued items is managed properly; lead in proposing inventory strategies on existing, new and phase- out items
- Maintain current forecasts in allocation file and work collaboratively with Supply Planning and Order Management in supporting allocation process
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with Supply Planning
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships in Canada and with US and SEA counterparts.
Contribute to CA Demand Planning team & Supply Planning Organization.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- ~5 years’ experience in a Demand Planning role
- Prior experience working with a sales function
- Prior experience with CPFR and IBP processes strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter & proactive
- Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
- Has strong attention to detail and ability to deal with fluctuating priorities
- Advanced MS Excel and preferably experience using SAP APO or Kinaxis
- Has the ability to work directly with Senior Management and International teams
- Is comfortable presenting in audiences that include Senior Management
- Builds strong relationships across the business, particularly with off-site/International teams
- Is able to participate in several monthly evening calls (due to time zone differences)
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and challenge the norm
- Works well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and finds process improvements and efficiencies
- Manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.