- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the Role
- Work with Retail Team Manager on constant improvement projects for market with group retail, reporting for all day-to-day retail project progress
- Work with Group Retail/Events team, Category team, Sales team as well as agency partners to implement retail solutions with considerations to Dyson Retail Guidelines, Distributors/Retailers challenges and approvals
- Manage, prioritize and deliver all retail projects on a timely basis, including prototyping, production, costing and implementation, whether it is temporary, permanent, , shop-in-shop in department stores, consumer events such as pop-up and roadshow
- Maintain project plans, timelines, and cost sheets for each project, ensuring that stakeholders are aware of any changes. Drive individual projects through to delivery, resolving day-to-day challenges – involving the right people at the right time.
- Support in demand planning, storage, deployment, and installations for core in-store display system, plus all other projects as necessary. Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of all fixtures by market.
- Support retail projects through all relevant areas of the business regarding design, costing, production quality/details, and timing
- Develop and manage retail archive (Store Network Chart, Drawings, Photobooks)
- Costing follow-up (PO#, Payment Request) and Procurement for all retail projects
- VM tracking and perfection for all top stores in various channels
- Develop and manage clear monthly VM Calendar
- Own all Graphic Trans-creation & communication with creative team
- Support and collaborate with retail team in retail executions for NPD and new design guideline update with VM database
- Lead market VM and Demo direction based on Group’s guidelines
- Lead all Graphic Trans-creation with key stakeholders/teams including Hogarth and CoE for NPD retail graphics, 2D to 3D assets setup
- Work closely with Local Sales team and Distributors in maintaining high in-store quality across all existing stores. Touchup, replenish and replace parts and fixtures when necessary.
- Monitor contractors in regard to material sourcing, fixtures deployment and installation.
- Quality checks and the resolution of any QC issues or installation snagging issues that may arise. Train contractors in meeting Dyson quality standards.
- Maintain a core base of suppliers that offer key deliverables – quality, flexibility, reliability, and cost.
- Work with the Legal and Procurement teams on costing, terms, supplier contracts and resolve any disputes that might arise
- CoE Team, in Singapore
- Retail Team, Korea
- Marketing/ Sales team, Korea
- Finance team, Korea
- 3rd party
- Fixture Production Vendors
- Installation Vendors
Experience and Education
- Higher diploma or above in architecture/interior design or related field required
- Around 5 years track record of delivering POP, merchandising and retail environments experience
- Project management skills backboned with time and cost management as well as people liaison skills
- Management skill with multiple retail projects
- Experience in multinational brand or related field with store rollout projects
- Working within a corporate structure involving both internal and supplier relationships
- Dealing with international logistics requirements including tax, import and duty implications
- Purchasing and negotiation skills
- Experience throughout entire project lifespan
- Construction drawing and specification readability in both English and Korean
- Clear understanding of the use of materials and processes required for retail environment
- Understanding of print processes – litho, screen, digital
- Knowledge in project budgets and control
- Knowledge in environmental and recycling regulations is plus
- Experience or good understanding in procurement is plus
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills with clear multi-lingual (Korean/English) and cross-cultural communication skills; present information (both written and oral), simple and clear business emails at all levels within an organization
- Punctual and accurate when working under pressure
- Curious and passionate about consumers and building brands
- Meticulous attention to detail; material produced is meticulously executed
- Broad thinker and open-minded with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Tireless Problem Solver to face day-to-day problems with tireless manner and continuously thinking out site the box to present smart solutions
- Passionate about Dyson, learning new technology and engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit to deal with ambiguity and willingness to take risks as needed while having a strong sense of ownership to assigned project
- Team-player; bringing collaborative, positive and energetic atmosphere to retail and other teams
- Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Ability to use basic project management tools (Auto CAD/MS Projects/Excel)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to speak and write English/Korea at business proficiency, other language is plus
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.