- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
The Dyson Business Services (DBS) organization will provide process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of innovating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This role will have accountability over the US market and will be responsible for building on the DBS vision including defining new ways of working, building and maintaining teams, and will own the timely and accurate delivery of Month End and related Financial Accounting requirements for the US Consumer and Professional businesses. As you will be a part of the global services team, there are exciting prospects for growth into international opportunities within Dyson.
Main accountabilities and supporting activities:
Period End Closing
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely close for the US market ensuring compliance to the relevant accounting standards
- Lead month-end P&L meetings, have discussions on the financials with Market Finance Director and follow-up on actions raised
- May be required to support other Americas countries (CA and MX) as needed
Balance Sheet Integrity
- Take full accountability for the timely and accurate preparation of the balance sheet reconciliations
- Approve Balance Sheet reconciliations and be able to provide explanations related to the accounts
- Conduct regular Balance Sheet reviews with Market Finance Director and promptly follow-up on action items
- Analyze financial statements while highlighting risks, opportunities and areas of focus to Market, and maintain healthy balance sheet position
- Review reports that are sent to the Markets and provide insights and informative commentary to Market Finance Director
- Ensure accurate preparation of the Cashflow Forecast, conduct meeting with Market Finance Director and Treasury team to discuss drivers and improve on process
- Implement the global process and ensure compliance around internal controls; ensuring they are implemented and continuously monitored
- Provide support/information for the annual Tax submission within the timelines as shared by external auditors
- Oversee annual external audit and be the US Dyson lead ensuring timely deliverables
- Work with Markets to deliver Group & External Audit Requirements such as Statutory Disclosures and total tax contributions
- Collaborate with Regional tax team to resolve the tax issues and provide the support for tax audits
- Work proactively with Record to Report (RTR) SMEs on continuous improvement projects
- Embrace and lead process/system change.
- Work with Finance leadership to drive transformation of processes and compliance of policies.
- Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required.
- Coordinate any changes impacting markets and communicate what these changes are, how they will impact stakeholders and any future requirements.
- Coach and train the team members to ensure team members have relevant and updated knowledge in the areas they are responsible for
- Line management of Senior Accountant and Administrative Assistant, coaching and stretching to fulfil their potential, supporting career development.
- Partnering with Finance Director / Head of Finance in each market, to discuss opportunities/issues and stay abreast of any new development that may impact DBS
- Act as a single point of contact for market Finance Directors for issues related to DBS services
- Identify and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets.
- Ensure knowledge of markets and the wider Dyson business is current, keeping up with any changes across the business
- Work at the same pace as Dyson, understanding any changes impacting DBS and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Director of Financial Control Americas or DBS leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting required, with at least 7 years in a management/leadership role
- Experience with SAP and Blackline preferred
- Prior experience in month- end close
- Exhibit the customer centric mindset and the ability to manage tasks with competing priorities to meet the demands from customers
- Highly motivated, deadline driven, result focused and able to communicate effectively
- Strong process & project management skills; lean six sigma qualification is a plus
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Experience of coaching and stakeholder management
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive approach with great problem- solving skills
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Good team player: capable of working effectively with finance and non-finance managers
- CPA or MBA preferred
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.