- Planning and Retail Operations
- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the Role
The Sr Manager, Supply Chain Planning ,is a key position within the team and responsible for 1) running S&OP process in market side focusing on forecast and supporting latest demand, 2) overall supply planning by connecting with regional supply planning group outside Korea. Also, this position plays important role to innovate & maintain effective business planning process with multi-functions.
The role reports to Head of Supply Chain in Korea and works cross functionally with internal Dyson teams (Marketing, Finance and Operations) and Global Supply Planning Group. The Sr. Supply Planning Manager is accountable for Supply management, stock availability and supply chain KPI case fill rate, inventory DOH and case flow), and ultimately contribute business growth and share growth in Korea.
Integrated Business Planning
- Define/lead effective market Supply management process with LT group and multi-functions focusing on demand consensus and responsive decision making in market side.
- Collaborate buying forecast related processes/standards/capabilities that sustain business supporting and reasonability to enable sale & share growths with assets/capacity optimization.
- Drive decision making on-time based on analysis on demand assumptions, business plans and external data with expertise, and communicate root causes and conclusions with relation functions to develop proper business plan.
- Communicate business risks and opportunities proactively with LT group and related functions to drive corrective plan and actions.
- Close communicate demand forecast, implication and potentials effectively with Korea Management, Supply planning group and sourcing plants to ensure right production and supply.
- Manage supply with market supply chain team within a defined horizon to ensure smooth and effective business operations.
- Guide system related execution for both FG and Spare parts weekly/monthly basis, and be consultant to a key user who will resolve SAP related system issues.
- Define & own inventory & Cash Flow KPI to optimize & protect company asset.
- Escalate & Drive decision making from LT related to Supply matters and spending.
- Communicate/translate demand forecast (market S&OP) to production plan & execution effectively by working closely with regional supply planning group.
- Lead supply review process with regional Supply Planning group to ensure short/ mid/ long term capacity and supply that support market growth and strategy.
- Lead supply related processes, visibility and communication as a result of S&OP within market within multi-functions and supply chain team accordingly.
- Ensure right level of supply at reasonable cost that optimizes inventory, turnover and safety stock by SKU by working with regional supply planning group.
- Develop/implement effective demand & supply consensus process to ensure stock availability and case fill rate as a key competitive advantage and enabler for KPI delivery.
- Manage supply plan & execution to deliver best in class customer service (case fill rate) in terms of stock availability and on-time supply from plants.
- Ensure quarterly/monthly demand target delivery in terms of Supply Chain.
- Define/deliver supply related KPI & target (case fill rate, supply related cost, process health check, etc.).
Business Planning & Process ownership
- Establish/ Lead escalation and risk management process with multi-functions.
- Define/ Lead company Dashboard & action planning process in terms of supply chain
- Escalation Management - The role will be a primary contact in ‘escalation issues’ and will be responsible for timely resolution (within agreed parameters), where external consultation is required they will be required to initiate and follow up until satisfactory consumers issues are closed.
- Rapidly build a scalable, agile, engaged and accountable team that is future proof and delivers business objectives, while enjoying their work. Recruit & develop high performers and ensure the “Dyson DNA” is strong within the team.
- Continually and pro-actively review, allocate and manage resources (labour, equipment, skills) according to the changing needs of the business
- Champion a high performance, accountable culture in line with the behaviours
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team: develop individuals and teams to be the best they can be and ensure a strong succession pipeline is established
- Operational day to day leadership across all Supply Chain sites. Accountable for people, process, assets and security
- Excellent analytical capabilities, logical & strategical thinking, effective communication skills including English proficiency.
- Knowledge and experience on 1) demand forecasting and planning processes and 2) End to End supply planning & processes
- Deep knowledge on overall supply chain in manufacturer POV and customer (retailer’s) supply chain.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP or ERP system
- Knowledge on MS office and other relevant software for forecasting & supply process.
- Hands-on, and unfazed by challenges
- Track record in multi-cultural dynamic environments where he or she played a major role in implementing changes.
- Strong leadership and responsivity, follow-through, results driven attitude.
- Experience of running S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process with Multi-functions and Managements.
- Experience & knowledge on overall supply chain in manufacturer POV and customer (retailer’s) supply chain.
- Preferred to have at least over 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management or Manufacturing Management
- People management skill & experience.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.