- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
The Sr. National Account Manager – Will help plan the go to market strategy of the business including, but not limited to promotional plans and assortment decisions. They will then work with cross functional channel owners to execute and drive a retail sales plan for Direct that will result in delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
Develop joint business plans for all direct channels with a focus on ecommerce.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans.
- Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to solve problems proactively.
Develop and manage relationships
- Represent Dyson; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson principles.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations. Problem solve issues to achieve profitable outcomes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally.
- Establish and execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts, trading terms, and various programs.
Develop and manage relationships and processes with established customer team and internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business.
- Work with Marketing, Finance, and Channel to develop exclusive products and range.
- Work with Logistics, Supply and Channel to ensure plans are supported
- Work with Marketing and CRM to ensure we are promoting the correct products at the right times to drive sales thru the direct channels.
- Work with the Media team to increase ROAS and to understand gaps/opportunities to drive traffic
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example logistics, supply, legal, media, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence.
Contribute to Dyson and Direct Ecommerce Sales Team Success
Serve as an active and high performing member of the team.
- Identify problems and find solutions. Think outside of the box.
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices.
- Suggest process improvement. Work as a team towards solutions by sharing knowledge, expertise, and new ways of working.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Seek out assessment and growth opportunities. Strive for personal excellence.
- Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities and accomplish goals and objectives of business.
- Develop expertise in all Dyson products.
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 7+ years’ experience in Ecommerce or premium brand national account
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Strong proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Experience being an active and high performing member of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Proven ability to positively influence buyers and management level decision makers to achieve customer business volume plan
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment - ability to determine short- and longer-term sustainable outcomes rooted in analysis. Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrate competency with internal and syndicated systems, data and content organization to support the needs of sales management
- Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful customer team
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Low personal ego; high team ego to succeed
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
- Accountable – takes ownership of business, customers, and relationships
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.