- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Canada - Toronto Office
*This is a 1-year Fixed Term Contract position
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
In Canada, the Dyson office opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people focused on getting Dyson technology in the hands of Canadians. Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role:
More than just a typical Demand & Supply Planning role, the Dyson Spares and Accessories Demand and Supply Planner will be, reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager, have a wide scope of responsibility and influence at a high level within the company. An expert in Demand and Supply planning that will understand business priorities, actively contribute to process improvements, and provide recommendations. You will own the forecasting and supply planning function for Spares and Accessories, work closely with our digital teams, Marketing and Sales. You will work with local teams and liaise with our planning teams in Southeast Asia to ensure appropriate supply as well as partner with the logistics team, Direct Team and Sales. Specifically, you will –
- Use a combination of demand streams to create the short- and long-term S&A forecast with the ultimate goal of providing a best in class consumer experience.
- Update S&A Forecast in SAP IBP monthly
- Clean/adjust Spares historical data in SAP IBP to achieve a more accurate spares aftersales statistical forecast
- Monitor supply plans (receipts) to support S&A demand and manage with overseas supply team to meet and maintain inventory targets.
- Identify and summarize S&A risks and opportunities to the demand plan based on current and projected inventory
- Collaborate with Brand Team to manage the timing and allocation of new products skus and the phase-out of end-of-line skus.
- Own the relationship with Customer Care, Ecommerce and Refurbishment/Repair shop; drive improvement in Customer Care and Refurbishment KPI’s (such as decreasing number of Exchanges, and returns on hold to be refurbed due to parts OOS)
- Manage inventory levels to maintain S&A storage cost at minimum
- Partner with Sales and Finance for effective use of gift with purchase inventory.
- Track and share excess inventory with Brand and Sales Team to investigate promo opportunities to utilize inventory on hand.
- Own the direct link for any S&A international warehouse transfer needs
- Partner with US supply team members for effective cross-border inventory optimization.
- Own Refurb inventory management and provide the sales, refurb, and lead teams with visibility on B Grade availability.
- Conduct Forecast Reviews with relevant sales accounts with the objective of driving continuous forecast accuracy improvements and reduce obsolete stock
- Own and maintain S&A master data (Master Exchange list, Finance projections, Sales/Usage history)
- Manage total S&A inventory values and write-offs.
- Work with the Senior Supply Chain Planning Manager to resolve any high-level supply issues.
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who –
- Has a university degree and at least 5 years of demand/supply planning experience in a high volume sku environment
- Has strong attention to detail and ability to deal with fluctuating priorities
- Advanced MS Excel and preferably experience using SAP APO
- Has the ability to work directly with Senior Management and International teams
- Is comfortable presenting in audiences that include Senior Management
- Builds strong relationships across the business, particularly with off-site/International teams
- Can participate in several monthly evening calls (due to time zone differences)
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and challenge the norm
- Works well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and finds process improvements and efficiencies
- Manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
- Self-starter and proactive
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.