- Mexico - Mexico City Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Mexico in 2018 as our first step in to Latin America. Our Mexico office is located in the Polanco area of Mexico City and our expanding team is a key contributor in helping us deliver growth throughout the market.
About the role:
Coordinate and ensure compliance with all tax obligations, with support from the Group Tax team where required. Generate and deliver tax information in a complete, correct, comprehensive, reliable, and timely manner in accordance with the applicable tax regulatory framework. Review, Create and implement a fiscal strategy for the company.
- Ensure all tax related matters are handled in a timely and accurate manner, including corporate tax, VAT, payroll tax, retail tax etc.
- Support new projects in Mexico and Latin America from tax perspective.
- Review the financial statements and other records to identify opportunities and risks.
- Ensure the business complies with all federal, state and local tax laws and regulations.
- Review the company's financial statements, such as income statements and balance sheets, to determine the appropriate tax treatment of transactions.
- Ensure that there are appropriate internal controls over income tax accounting.
- Manage the company's tax planning and compliance activities to ensure that all tax obligations are met.
- Responsible for the documentation for all income tax returns (work through/with our third-party provider).
- Responsible for completing tax returns, including all related analysis and support (work through/with our third-party provider) – this involves either preparing the tax returns or reviewing returns prepared by third-party providers.
- Responsible for reviewing, validating, or advising our commercial partners in Mexico and Latin America.
- Annual informative tax returns
- Provide information required by Group Tax to complete tax provision calculations
- Provisional corporate tax calculations: Provide data to Tax third-party provider as may be required to prepare monthly filings or payments
- Annual corporate tax return: Complete information request sent by external Tax third-party provider. Complete data pack sent by external Tax third-party provider. Complete supplementary internal TP (Transfer Price) information. Respond to follow-up questions from external Tax third-party provider.
- Local GAAP: Ensure Local GAAP tax provision correctly. Ensure accuracy of the corporate tax balance.
- Understand nature and implications of request and provide (and verify accuracy of) information requested by tax authorities and supporting explanations (verbally if required), and in a format that is suitable for the audience.
- Corporate tax payments: Ensure tax payments are booked to correct GL accounts.
- Withholding tax - AP and AR payments and other services: Provide data to Tax third-party provider, approve filing prepared by Tax third-party provider, ensure monthly and annual filings are submitted on time by Tax third-party provider, ensure payment made on time and postings made to correct GL accounts
- Perform Retail and providers taxes Calculation/Validation
- Support the internal projects as part of the core team with insights to achieve the planned objectives
- Periodically review the operations of our business partners and distributors to identify risks and opportunities
- At least five years of experience in a tax-related position.
- Wide knowledge of Mexican Tax regulations (Mexico´s tax miscellany)
- Desirable knowledge of Latin America´s countries Tax regulations (Colombia, Chile and/or Brazil preferred).
- CFDI compliance knowledge
- Experience working with the SAT portal and reports
- Desirable experience working in accounting position
- Desirable experience working in international companies.
- Desirable experience working with Latin American distributors.
- Desirable knowledge in SAP and Contpaq
- Written and verbal skills – communicate at all levels of business.
- English proficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred
- Group Tax function needs to retain control of the global tax strategy. Amended instead to say the individual support projects in the region
FT Benefits Package-MX
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.