- Retail Operations
- Barcelona, Spain
Dyson have an ambitious expansion plan to evolve to a model where 80% of sales are through direct & controlled channels, to do this we are growing our Retail estate. Dyson Retail is Different, for a number of reasons. Firstly, this is a firm of expert engineers, offering people the chance to connect with technology in store, including a world-class styling experience. We are delivering a high service experience for our shoppers – think 5 star hotel levels of service – demonstrating the value of the technology and providing aftersales care. Our aim is to support owners in getting the best out of their Dyson technology. This is a new retail concept in a fundamentally entrepreneurial, start-up feeling business. This means that everyone in-store needs to be prepared to do anything and everything required running the business and providing the best customer experience.
Our Store Manager will lead a team of around 7-10 people including Assistant Store Manager, Experts and Stylists and will report to the Retail Activation Manager. You will deliver outstanding customer experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines. Working with Category Managers, Finance Analysts, Retail Marketing, HR and Group Retail, the Store Manager is responsible for planning, organising and overseeing the approach and strategies used by the in-store teams, recognising performance needs that can be addressed and consistently developed.
About the role
As a strong people manager, you know how to build, train and lead your team. Behind the scenes, you will oversee the operations including inventory and visual merchandising.
Jointly with leaders in HQ, you will define and monitor key metrics from traffic generated, to demos delivered, units sold and customer feedback. You will report results and recommend relevant actions to local, HQ and global management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Lead, inspire and challenge a team to deliver business growth for store, through great coaching and development
· Work closely with Group Retail and local category teams to create demonstrations and experiences that are suitable for the local market
· Use data and insights from brand perception studies to influence senior stakeholders on future innovation
· Ensure that we have the right level of service and drive an audience first approach, by enhancing personalisation, “VIP” experiences and new propositions
· Create events and promotional programmes using CRM, social and influencer platforms
· Continually review results, establish clear measures, share insights and revise as needed to drive performance
· Lead by example and support your team to deliver an environment that heroes our machines, delivering best in class demonstrations and experiences
· Be an expert in the technology space
· Deliver a sustainable retail platform that is efficient, ever evolving and that exceeds our customer’s expectations, whilst balancing this with a safe, compliant and cost controlled culture
· Build a strong operating platform that ensures great availability for customers, whilst also monitoring waste and reductions to protect loss
· Continuously build product knowledge and keep updated of any product developments, while supporting the store team to do the same
· Be the brand guardian, ensuring your team understand what needs to be delivered and how
- Proven experience of leading, motivating and developing a team in a premium retail environment
- Proven experience of store management/leadership
- Proven experience in running the day to day operations of a store
- Proven ability communicating with, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative style with a passion to deliver a 5 star customer experience while driving commercial results
- Track record for creating innovative solutions that solve problems and/or challenge convention
- An understanding of in-store operations, managing work schedules, stock management, compliance, health and safety, security and all day to day requirements of running a store
- Ideally have an understanding of the beauty industry
- Passionate about delivering perfect brand and product experiences
- Strong communication and influencing skills and good at building relationships
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects
- Languages: Very high level of English, Spanish and Catalan
· Competitive salary
· 23 days of Annual Leave
· Meal Vouchers subsidized by Dyson
· Flexible retribution option
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.