- India - Delhi Select City Walk Demo Store
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by Sir James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our product development portfolio and halve time to market.
About the Role:
Each store or “demo” as we refer to it in Dyson, is an experiential and interactive space with a calendar of frequent events to drive traffic and to keep the store fresh and exciting. We need a store manager who knows how to create and maintain an exciting store environment, is interested in design and technology and has a proven track record of building and managing a high performing team.
We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, someone who wants to use this unique space to educate and excite people about technology and our products. A background in retail but also someone who has experience in managing successful events, concerts or the like.
You will be responsible for the store 100%. It is your responsibility to make this venture work.
You know how to keep a space exciting and engaging. You will manage and bring to life the Dyson experience and will engage, interest and involve consumers.
You also know how to sell. That starts with defining attractive product and promotional offers. And it ends with your ability to turn a curious customer into a Dyson owner. Your love for technology and design means you will know each Dyson product inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your team members about new initiatives. You are an enthusiastic champion for the brand inside and outside Dyson.
As a good people manager, you know how to build, train and lead a strong team. Behind the scenes, you oversee operations such as inventory and visual merchandising.
Jointly with management you will define and monitor key metrics that define success, from traffic generated to demos delivered to units sold to customer feedback. You will report results and recommend relevant actions to management. This is our first store – so we need to learn all the time.
You are flexible, your work hours will be based on business needs. You have a high degree of integrity.
- At least 9-10 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting. Cross industry experience is welcome
- Understands operations, managing work rosters, stock management, security and all day to day requirements of running a store
- Proven ability to drive amazing customer experiences – and results – directly and through a strong team
- Experience in identifying trends, reporting results, drawing relevant conclusions and recommending action to management
- Experience in building, developing and leading a team
- Diplomacy, countenance and the ability to adapt to challenges while remaining calm. Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences – no matter what the situation
- Must be a strong project manager who is proactive, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking, comfortable under pressure.
- Able to work effectively as a team member and across multiple teams
- Experience in developing, planning and executing events/drive interest and footfall
- Experience in developing promotional programs that drive sales, either direct or through partners.
- Strong communication skills in English both verbally and in written form
As per industry standards
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.