Dyson has ambitious expansion plans. To do this, we are growing our Retail estate. Dyson Retail is Different, for a number of reasons.
Firstly, this is a firm of expert engineers, offering people the chance to connect with technology in store, including a world-class styling experience. We are delivering a high service experience for our shoppers – think 5 star hotel levels of service – demonstrating the value of our technology and providing aftersales care. Our aim is to support owners in getting the best out of their Dyson technology. This is a new retail concept in a fundamentally entrepreneurial, start-up feeling business. This means that everyone in-store needs to be prepared to do anything and everything required in the running of the business and provision of the best customer experience.
Our Manager/Assistant Manager will lead a team of around 7-10 people including the Experts and Stylists. The Store Manager will report to the Head of Direct Retail. You will deliver outstanding customer experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines.
Working with Category Managers, Finance Analysts, Retail Marketing, HR and Group Retail, the Store Manager is responsible for planning, organising and overseeing the approach and strategies used by the in-store teams, recognising performance needs that can be addressed and consistently developed.
About the Role
As a strong people manager, you know how to build, train and lead your team. Behind the scenes, you will oversee the operations including inventory and visual merchandising.
Jointly with leaders in HQ, you will define and monitor key metrics from traffic generated, to demos delivered, units sold and customer feedback. You will report results and recommend relevant actions to local, HQ and global management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire and challenge a team to deliver business growth for store, through great coaching and development
- Work closely with Group Retail and local category teams to create demonstrations and experiences that are suitable for the local market
- Use data and insights from brand perception studies to influence senior stakeholders on future innovation
- Create unique services that enhance reasons to buy directly from our store
- Ensure that we have the right level of service and drive an audience first approach, by enhancing personalisation, “VIP” experiences and new propositions
- Create events and promotional programmes using CRM, social and influencer platforms
- Launch new products and services
- Continually review results, establish clear measures, share insights and revise as needed to drive performance
- Lead by example and support your team to deliver an environment that heroes our machines, delivering best in class demonstrations and experiences
- Be an expert in the technology space
- Deliver a sustainable retail platform that is efficient, ever evolving and that exceeds our customer’s expectations, whilst balancing this with a safe, compliant and cost controlled culture
- Build a strong operating platform that ensures great availability for customers, whilst also monitoring waste and reductions to protect loss
- Continuously build product knowledge and keep updated of any product developments, while supporting the store team to do the same
- Be the brand guardian, ensuring your team understand what needs to be delivered and how
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience of leading, motivating and developing a team in a premium retail environment
- Proven experience of store management/leadership
- Proven experience in running the day to day operations of a store
- Proven ability communicating with, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative style with a passion to deliver a 5 star customer experience while driving commercial results
- Track record for creating innovative solutions that solve problems and/or challenge convention
- An understanding of in-store operations, managing work schedules, stock management, compliance, health and safety, security and all day to day requirements of running a store
- Ideally have an understanding of the beauty industry
- Demonstrates integrity in all their decisions and actions
- Ability to work flexibly to the business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to simplify the complex
- Strong influencing skills / building relationships
- Creative and innovative – able to think differently
- Have a passion for developing individuals
- Has an ability to shape long term plans into short term tactical steps
- Uses a combination of data, insights and logic in decision making and proven ability to think long term
- Passionate about delivering perfect brand and product experiences
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems
- Organised and deadline orientated
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects
- The ability to inspire and challenge
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an attractive commission structure and Health & Wellness Benefits. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a reflection of our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.