- Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
The Global Technology Development department comprises of a diverse groups of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. The Personal Care (PC) Tech Dev team in Philippines encompasses three key disciplines, Fluid Dynamics, Noise and Vibration, and Mechanical Analysis. The team provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.
About the role
This position has developed a working level of knowledge and skill within the field of Mechanical Analysis, and is acknowledged as an able contributor. Working in a team, this individual is expected to analyse problem and provide solutions using established approach. While supervision is readily available at this level, this individual is able to independently established priorities in order to deliver on time.
Design & Development:
· Takes responsibility to deliver support/guidance to assigned projects in Mechanical Analysis.
· Deliver output in a timely manner inline with RDD Core Deliverables
· May own or contribute towards relevant Specs/Reqts for allocated projects. Ensures that the product design satisfies the requirements.
· Support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
· Provide inputs to yearly goal setting.
· Expected to Proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose improvement actions.
· Career development:
· Take ownership of personal career development by setting out immediate and long term plan together with line manager.
· Proactively communicate progress to line manager via 1-1 reporting.
Continuing Professional Development:
· Take ownership of personal career development by setting out short/med/long-term plans together with People Manager.
· A Bachelor degree in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants have a Master degree.
· 2+ years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
· Working knowledge of solid mechanics, engineering mechanics, structural mechanics, and plastic molding.
· Working knowledge of the principles and application of structural analysis (FEA), and molding process analysis, modal/vibration analysis.
· Competent user in Ansys Mechanical or similar structural FEA software (Abaqus, NASTRAN, LS-DYNA, COMSOL).
· Competent knowledge of Dyson processes.
· Competent knowledge of Dyson PLM system.
· Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. B&K Pulse, strain gauge, MATLAB and Labview, etc.) is preferred.
Technical and problem solving skills:
· Ability to analyse and solve problem using established approach.
· Demonstrate abilty to provide independent viewpoints/argument to a problem.
· Able to utilize root cause analysis techniques during problem solving, typically with some guidance.
· Ability to plan ahead and prioritise task, typically within a project.
· Ability to participate in technical risk management with supervision, covering part of risk identification, risk analysis, risk response and risk monitoring. Expected to start understanding the implications to other functions. Understanding of FMEA techniques is necessary.
· Should have evidence of strong written & verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly, concisely & confidently present & articulate ideas to a small peer group, and within the project/cross team when required. Ability to communicate ideas & concepts clearly.
· Able to work well in a team.
· Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
Extent of guidance or control:
· Generally characterized as a "Task Completer".
· Requires decreasing amount of task oversight and review during time in position.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.