- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the Role
As a Student Recruitment Officer, you’ll support the Dyson Institute in attracting gifted and talented students with a passion for engineering from across the UK.
You’ll attend national recruitment events and contribute to the design and delivery of attraction activities.
You’ll be based on the Dyson Technology campus in Malmesbury and will report into the Recruitment and Admissions Manager, working closely with the Recruitment and Admissions team. You will be required to travel nationally for recruitment, outreach and networking events.
This role will work on a variety of initiatives and outreach activities designed to raise awareness of engineering, degree apprenticeships and the Dyson Institute with students aged 16-18.
• Represent the Dyson Institute at national events, both online and in-person; this will involve travel and out of hours attendance.
• Organise and deliver Dyson Institute events, such as virtual open days.
• Activities will involve public speaking - in person and online.
• Contribute to student recruitment marketing campaigns and projects.
• Contribute to activity across communications channels - CRM, social media, print material and website.
• Keep up to date with internal and external factors that informs/influences the student decision making process for attraction purposes.
• Contribute to wider recruitment and admissions activities as required, such as supporting the admissions process of screening applications and telephone interviewing.
• Experience in events organisation.
• Strong attention to detail and demonstrable organisation skills.
• Proactive, motivated self-starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to find a solution.
• Resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic pace of work.
• Flexible team player but able to work under own initiative and manage own workload.
• Great communicator – excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent user of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the UK secondary and higher education systems – possibly experienced as a graduate yourself.
• Experience in early careers recruitment, apprenticeship recruitment or an HE recruitment / admissions environment.
• Experience administering assessment processes as part of an early careers recruitment process.
• Interest in diversity and widening access to education.
• Experience in working with young adults aged 16-18.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.