- Administrative Services
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role
You’ll be one of a team of five Student Support Advisors, who each support around 35 Undergraduate Engineers. You’ll deliver a personalised wellbeing and development experience to the undergraduates you support.
You’ll spend a significant proportion of your time in regular 1:1s, these could include offering wellbeing support, coaching them to reach their personal and professional goals, to signposting relevant support services. You’ll also work closely with the team of Student Support Advisors, to maintain consistency across the provision and undergraduate experience.
In your remaining time you'll be working on, and delivering, undergraduate experience and wellbeing projects, such as workshops, ‘Wellbeing and Development’ days, and awareness campaigns.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a passionate, close-knit team in an exciting and emerging higher education provider.
- Experience working in 1:1 support such as coaching, mentoring and counselling, willingness to obtain a coaching qualification
- Previous experience of working with young adults in a Higher or Further Education setting.
- Experience in building rapport quickly and developing strong relationships with young adults and colleagues.
- Effective listening skills – to identify the support required and establish the appropriate approach and communication style e.g. signposting/mentoring/coaching/just listening.
- Comfortable and confident in adapting to change – the supportive offer is constantly evolving and we have a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills – you’ll balance your time between one to ones and project work.
- Team player – you’ll work collaboratively in a close-knit team.
- Experience and understanding of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Degree-level education, preferably in Psychology, Human Resources, Learning and Development, or equivalent professional experience/qualifications.
- Experience of delivering presentations and workshops, adapting your style accordingly.
- Awareness/understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion, mental health, disabilities and learning differences, and an awareness of available support & resources.
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality and familiarity with privacy regulation e.g. GDPR.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.