- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the role
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Dyson is looking for a strong operator and big thinking leader to be Supply Chain Director for APAC (Japan, Korea, SEA, India, ANZ ). This role reports to the Global Director Logistics and IBP and will be a member of the APAC Leadership Team. A successful candidate will be highly strategic and operational, excel at growing and managing teams, a team player, adept at building world class supply chain. S/he will have excellent written and oral communication.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES (and supporting activities):
- Develop the Regional Supply Chain strategy and implement this, closing the gaps to current operations;
- Analyze opportunities, develop and implement strategies and business plans to optimize the customer delivery experience for both the B2C and B2B, whilst optimizing cost to serve;
- Build world class supply chain - systems, processes, policies, and practices;
- Build and develop a great team that challenge themselves to provide excellent delivery, customer interactions and service turnaround;
- Own the relationship between Sales, Retailers and all 3PL’s (freight forwarder, cross docking operations, outside warehousing, order fulfillment, etc.);
- Build and maintain strong, positive partnerships with all stakeholders in markets and Group.
- Represents the regional Supply Chain team at a variety of divisional and/or product related meetings and offers operational expertise/perspective
- Ensures operational adherence to the supply plan (timely processing and/or flow of orders, adherence to budgets, etc.) and communicates issues impacting product availability and/or financial budgets;
- Shares best practices and actively contributes to process improvement; delivers results through problem solving and process improvement activities
YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHS:
- Assess current supply chain operations and programs, processes, people, practices, performance and metrics.
- Build the supply chain strategy and, from that strategy, identify the optimal future state of operations compare to the current state, and prioritize closing the gaps.
- Drive cost improvements across the supply chain through better freight usage and freight rate management.
- Partner in the global planning and IBP process to drive world class demand planning
- Manage inventory that supports supply and demand, ensuring that customer service and levels of performance are at industry standards while minimizing the investment in inventory.
- Develop strong relationships with regional 3PLs and logistics partners, and customer service agencies, as well as a detailed understanding of their operations.
- Deliver a clear strategy and improvement program to ensure perfect customer response in pre / post / service interactions with our customers
- Develop strong relationships and networks with global teams
- Identify key metrics, plan and conduct regular operational and business reviews.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Degree educated in a Supply Chain or related quantitative/business discipline; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10-years experience, preferably in consumer facing industry and/or an organization with a well-developed Omni channel infrastructure. Retail operations experience required.
- Strong hands on knowledge of all aspects of the Supply Chain – warehousing / distribution center operations, logistics, production, procurement, planning, forecasting, inventory management, etc dealing with complex retailer supply chain requirements.
- Significant experience in leadership roles; Retail operations and retail inventory management experience required
- Proven track record in conceptualizing and delivering successful logistics solutions, as well as successfully leading efficient day to day operations.
- Deep experience in APAC, knowledge of the nuances between various markets, from developing to developed.
- Well-developed financial skills, in particular the ability to develop, manage and optimize budgets.
- Proven ability to build operations from the ground up defining and redesigning roles, responsibilities, processes, technology, policies and practices for multiple customer segments.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in defining, developing and iterating (customizing) critical supply chain technology systems (e.g. ERP, MRP).
- Experience negotiating contracts and purchasing agreements and managing RFP processes.
- Proven track record of success defining and delivering innovative disruptive ideas to drive long term business results.
- Experience hiring world-class talent, as well as developing and coaching others to achieve their full potential.
- The ability to think and move quickly and inspire his/her team in an environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously (including demonstrated ability in planning and organizational project management).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to listen, negotiate and lead.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.