- Planning and Retail Operations
- Republic of Korea - Seoul Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
Dyson Korea as well as global is growing rapidly by superior technologies delivered to market and challenging the status quo. We are working for continuous and high growth, and therefore, we have many new technologies to deliver to market.
Korea is one of the most important and fastest growing market in Dyson worldwide. Now over 70 people are working together in Dyson Korea office.
Supply Chain Planning at Dyson
Supply Chain Planning team plays and important role to innovate and maintain an effective business planning process across multiple functions. Core responsibilities include optimizing stock availability for our e-commerce customers and strategic retail partners. It’s the link between our supply base in South East Asia and the sales and marketing teams, dynamically planning and executing under uncertainty for best in class results. As such the ability to build strong relationships and communicate clearly both upstream and downstream is the key driver of success for the role. By navigating a large matrix structure successfully this role will focus on getting results in a fast-moving environment, holding accountability for stock availability and supply chain KPIs and significantly contributing to the growth of the market.
About the Role
Under the supervision of Sr. Market Planning Manager, you will be mainly responsible for Supply Chain Planning and Inventory allocation. You will work very closely with Demand and Sales Planning function to optimize the inventory. Main missions will be as follow.
The role will be a key business partner to manage overall inventory in market and optimize the sales and inventory for direct retail and E-commerce business.
- Lead supply review process with regional Supply Planning group to ensure short/mid/long term capacity and supply that support market growth and strategy
- Partner with market demand planners to define/lead effective market S&OP (Sales and Operation Planning) process with LT group and multi-functions focusing on supply consensus and responsive decision making in market side.
- Improve/support forecast related processes/standards/capabilities that sustain high supply forecast accuracy and reasonability to enable sale & share growths with assets/capacity optimization.
- Drive decision making on-time based on analysis on supply assumptions, business plans and external data with expertise, and communicate root causes and conclusions with relation functions to develop proper business plan.
- Define & own inventory & Cash Flow KPI to optimize & protect company asset
- Escalate & Drive decision making from LT related to Supply matters and spending
- Communicate business risks and opportunities proactively with stakeholders and related functions to drive corrective plan and actions.
- Manage/communicate supply forecast, implication, and potentials effectively with regional supply planning group and sourcing plants to ensure right production and supply.
- Manage supply with market supply chain team within a defined horizon to ensure smooth and effective business operations.
- Guide system related execution for both FG and Accessories weekly/monthly basis and be consultant to a key user who will resolve SAP related system issues.
- Ensure right level of supply at reasonable cost that optimizes inventory, turnover and safety stock by SKU by working with regional supply planning group.
- Review/audit demand & supply master data and parameter to ensure healthy system setup and execution.
- Track record on multi-cultural dynamic environments where he/she played a major role on implementing changes.
- Strong leadership and responsivity, follow-through, results driven attitude.
- Hands-on, down to earth profile & experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experience & knowledge on overall supply chain in manufacturer POV and customer (retailer’s) supply chain
- Preferred to have +8 years’ experience in Supply planning (ideally with Demand Planning experience too).
- Experience on Retail planning, store allocation and E-commerce planning knowledge will be a plus.
- Solid Execution & Follow through, Excellent analytical capabilities, logical & strategical thinking, effective communication skill including English proficiency.
- Project management and Change management.
- Knowledge and experience on 1) demand forecasting and planning processes and 2) End to End supply planning & processes.
- Deep knowledge on overall supply chain in manufacturer POV and customer (retailer’s) supply chain
- Knowledge and experience with SAP (IBP/ MM/ SD module)
- Knowledge on MS office and other relevant software for forecasting & supply process
- Decisive and excellent influencer.
- Self-starter who sees things to completion.
- Entrepreneurial flair.
- Energetic, engaging, and positive approach.
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
- Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert.
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels.
- Results driven.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent English is a must, with relevant local language skills.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.