- Supply Chain and Logistics
- India - Gurgaon Office
Dyson is a £4 bn+ global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by Sir James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Our products are available in 80+ countries worldwide, and on an average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. We do all this with our team of over 13,000 employees worldwide.
About The Role:
This is a key hire, leading the Supply Chain and Customer operations strategy. This role owns and is accountable for all aspects of the Dyson supply chain and operations from overseas manufacturing centers, movement, location and storage of all goods or materials and supplies and finally delivery to retailers and consumers in India.
Strategic Development & Implementation
- Define, drive, and deliver the supply chain strategy: short, medium, and long term.
- Full engagement and influence across all functions on wider business strategy
- Build strong cross functional relationships across the local and global Dyson business
- Relentlessly drive strategy through to execution to deliver desired outcomes
Demand & Supply Planning
- Ensure the Supply Plan is optimised to meet the Demand Plan and the right stock is in the right place at the right time
- Ensure Supply Chain team is highly integrated with all functional (particularly Sales & Marketing) and Dyson Group teams: joined up thinking, exceptional communication and all parties held accountable for the plan and its delivery.
- Develop and leverage critical relationships with Group Supply Chain and Group Manufacturing to ensure the India market priorities are understood and delivered.
- KPIs established, monitored and teams held accountable to improve performance
Inventory & Warehousing management
- Right levels of stock held in the right locations. Inventory is optimised by category and SKU. Minimised stock outs & maximised cash flow
- All inventory is secure, controlled and accurately recorded: annual stock counts, periodic cycle counts, consistency checks, database management, continuously improved processes to safeguard business assets
- Accountable for the efficient & effective storage of all owned, stored property of Dyson in India such as: Finished goods, spares & accessories, Marketing materials, Service machines
- Ensure the efficient operation, maintenance and optimisation of all warehousing operations, both owned and 3PL. Ensure day to day, and rapidly increasing, capacity requirements are regularly modelled and planned for to meet business objectives.
- Develop and maintain reporting and management tools to better manage stock holdings and inventory planning
Distribution & Packaging
- Deliver an agile, flexible and rapidly scalable “best in class” distribution platform that can easily cope with the high volatility and rapidly growing demand within the business
- Exceed expectations of all internal & external stakeholders
- Accountable for the efficient movement of all owned property of Dyson such as: Finished goods, returns, spares & accessories, marketing materials, service machines
- Establish KPI measurement and continuous improvement: including true DIFOT (Delivered in Full On Time) & NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Manage our Supplier partners, such as transport, both operationally and strategically to deliver the competitive advantage required, at the right price
- Recommend and champion packaging developments required to deliver a best in class supply chain
Regulations, Systems & Process
- Proactively understand and apply regulations that will impact the business
- Strong understanding and compliance under Indian supply chain and consumer regulations and standards.
- Review new systems and technologies to rapidly move the business forward and ensure continuous iterative business process improvement
- Proactively develop and drive the IT and systems requirements
- Demonstrable strategic capability
- Methodical business planning capability
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent team leadership abilities
- Influencing and Negotiation skills that inspire confidence across the organisation
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- 12-15 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive work experience leading supply chain function
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end supply chain management including supply chain systems, procedures, and standards
- Experience dealing with 3PL
- Demonstrated Commercial acumen and experience, preferably in a premium brand
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
- Evidence of budget control and can demonstrate financial expertise
- Evidence of achieving in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of relevant local import, export, clearance, transportation regulations
As per industry Standards
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.