- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Japan - Tokyo Office
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
About the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager of Japan and works cross-functionally with Dyson Japan teams (Sales & Demand Planning, Marketing, Finance and Sales) as well as, but not limited to, the regional planning team in Singapore.
The Associate Planning Manager will be responsible for stock availability for run-rate and key deals/promotions and supply chain related KPIs such as forecast accuracy, stock levels, cash flow, profit, and ultimately, contribute to the growth of the business in Japan by ensuring the right products are in the right place at the right timing.
The Associate Planning Manager is a key position within the Planning team and responsible for...
1) The monthly supply planning process through a close coordination between teams both inside and outside Japan.
2) Ensuring that supply is in line with the agreed plan, including confirming that the build plan for each SKU is correctly reflected in the system.
3) Drive the S&OP process with the local stakeholders to align demand and supply so that Dyson Japan can achieve the committed revenue target.
In addition, this position plays a key role in driving the implementation of innovative systems/tools/methods to improve the planning process efficiency and accuracy.
- Create and update the monthly SKU and account level demand plan together with the local sales & demand planning, marketing and finance teams as well as regional planners for the designated planning horizon by analyzing historical and current market trends, statistical models, and company strategies.
- Ensure the plan meets the schedule of NPIs, key deals and promotions through discussions with local and regional teams.
- Define & own the inventory level to improve company cash flow. Actively work with stakeholders to deplete the excess stock in our warehouses.
- Maintain the healthy stock level as well as timely inbounds through appropriate planning, and contribute to higher OTIF.
- Own the implementation of new processes, systems and planning methods in the local team together with the regional/global project managers.
Executions and Reporting
- Ensure that actual supply, both inventory and new builds, can meet the agreed demand plan to achieve the sales target through regular and ad hoc close confirmations. Proactively work with regional planners if deviations from the plan are identified.
- Together with the Planning Manager, proactively identify the risk and opportunity of supply/demand and drive the mitigation actions with local and regional stakeholders, and manage escalations from business teams to the Head of Supply Chain of Japan.
- Drive S&OP process with local stakeholders to align with the demand/supply condition for timely and effective sales execution.
- Organise the planning related data such as forecast accuracy and projected inventory level with the finalised demand plan, as well as provide market insight to regional teams for regular and ad hoc reporting.
- Maintain and distribute the supply related reports to local stakeholders regarding SOH, build plan, and projected inventory level through Excel or BI dashboard.
- At Dyson, we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored. Together with the Planning Manager, ensure this Dyson DNA is firmly established in the team.
- Own and improve overall planning efficiency and accuracy with the Planning Manager of Japan through proactive review and action.
- Educate and motivate the early career team members through OJT and offline sessions regarding modern supply chain processes/network, sophisticated planning methods and general business custom.
About You (Skills / Experiences)
- Over 7 years of demand/supply planning experiences, preferably for technology products.
- Strong track record of owning the S&OP process with local/regional teams to align with demand/supply conditions and drive execution.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end supply chain operations. Experience in handling large electronics retail accounts is preferred.
- Proficiency in Japanese and English, both written and spoken.
- Experience of driving multifunctional and culturally diverse people toward business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, data analytics or computer science. MBA is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, logical and strategic thinking skills in demand/supply forecasting.
- Strong commitment and good communication skills to coordinate multiple stakeholders to achieve targets.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve forecast accuracy and process efficiency.
- SAP ERP as well as SAP IBP.
- MS office software and BI tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.