- Information Technology
- China - Shanghai Office
As a SW Test Engineer, he/she will be responsible for ensuring the SW quality of web application & cloud services for a robust digital experience for our CN users. The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
- Execute agile test plan to compliment the rapidly evolving iterative web (mini-program) and cloud service development
- Design and execute test cases for in-sprint test, feature integration test, backend service API test, as part of agile testing plan
- Develop and maintain automation test scripts. Aggressively identify and drive test automation across the validation cycles.
- Assess web (mini-program) and backend services before passing through development milestones. Identify and escalate issues of immature design or incomplete understanding.
- Execute root cause analysis of error incidents to further improve web & cloud development and optimise the testing plan.
- Participate in the review of product design and business value.
- Participate in providing technical support for identification and troubleshooting of issues found in our connected devices and the connected eco-system in China
Technical Key Competencies
- Experience in mobile app/web testing, backend service API test, etc.
- Hands-on skills in system level issue debug including log/trace collection, analysis and work-around solution proposal
- Good Knowledge in test script development skills such as Python, or equivalent.
- Knowledge in IoT, MQTT, Cloud infrastructure & Platform such as AWS is a plus.
- Possess a good understanding of agile software development.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and Experience in Scrum tools Jira, TestRail, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Knowledge of WeChat eco-system and develop or test experience with WeChat is a great plus
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Engineering, EE or related field
- 3+ years working experience in software
- Has deep passion for technology and problem-solving
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.