- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
About the roleDyson has an opportunity for system verification test engineers to join the System Verification group. Opportunities are available at both Graduate and various Engineer levels depending on experience.The System Verification team tests the integrated electronics and software of all product categories, including Environmental Care, Floor Care, Personal Care, Professional and Robots. The degree of sophistication and complexity varies from product to product, from lighting products through to advanced robotics having machine learning capability. This variety of products requires creative verification solutions with automation applied where possible.The team is comprised of just over 20 staff in the UK and a similar number in Singapore and Malaysia. We collaborate with electronic hardware, software and sensors teams to support some of their verification requirements and also work with manufacturing test development to support end-of-line testing.We are looking to expand the group to be able to support a growing number of new product developments, some having new and unique verification requirements.
About youSkills and experience desired:
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering, software or comparable discipline.
- Experienced in System Verification test development at the appropriate level.
- Capable of specifying, developing and implementing system verification test.
- Exhibit the ability to analyze test results.
- Expert in using LabVIEW, preferably having LabVIEW qualifications.
- Experience of using TestStand and Python would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of vision systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary, Agile team, using Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Be able to communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Analysing system requirements to specify and implement system verification tests.
- Develop new test methodologies.
- Specify and develop test fixtures.
- Execute system tests manually and using the developed automated tests
- Analyse test results.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.