- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate.
Dyson is growing phenomenally across the EMEA region with 25% growth year-on-year in 2021, and this region contributes more than 25% to the Group as a whole. This rapid expansion means that we are constantly evolving our teams, re-designing our organizations and introducing new talent, capability and skillsets to meet our growing needs.
About the role:
The Regional Talent Management & Development Lead - EMEA (Talent Partner) will be responsible for developing the talent function within the most exciting, diverse and fastest-growing region within Dyson. They will report to the HR Director EMEA and partner with the European market leadership teams and HR Leadership teams to develop, retain, and move talent both within EMEA and across Dyson globally. They will also have a functional reporting line to the Global Head of Talent based either in Malmesbury or Singapore and will be a part of the Global Talent team.
Based in EMEA in any Office in Europe, this person will travel across the region to build trusted working relationships with key business stakeholder, and HR teams. Below are the main responsibilities:
Leading Talent Management & Development for EMEA
- Understand the business priorities and organization capability needs; design, implement and embed a calendar of activities that will enable Dyson to manage and develop our talent.
- Develop business partner relationships with key stakeholders and managers across the markets to support on their business priorities such as planning team expansion, creating store training plans, developing Dyson culture and DNA in new markets.
- Develop strong relationships with Group Talent team to understand our polices and processes, best practice, new thinking and Dyson culture; to bring to EMEA as well as to share EMEA with Global teams.
Talent Management & Development
- Partner with the EMEA leadership and HR teams in each market to implement an annual process for talent reviews.
- Represent EMEA at regular global talent discussions, ensuring flow of talent into/ out of EMEA markets.
- Ensure that regular workshops and training takes place in each market; where necessary facilitate this training in partnership with the local HR team.
- Identify top talent across the region and ensure each has a development plan and feature on the Dyson talent map.
- Embed and maintain a simple succession planning process and tool that can be implemented in each market and gives us visibility for critical role and key individuals.
- On an annual basis, work with the market HR teams and Reward team on the forecasting of resource needs to represent the internal flow of talent with the need to recruit new talent.
Programs & Training
- Work with Group Talent colleagues to fully understand the suite of development and training programs that exist across Dyson; Leading Dyson, Leading Leaders, Leading Others, Leading Self, Pioneers, Early Careers, and more.
- Partner with Group Talent team when designing new initiatives to ensure the European markets are represented in terms of needs, culture and language requirements.
- Champion these programs across the region - ensuring they are well attended by European colleagues and that there are mechanisms to bring the learning back into work.
- Ensure Dyson behaviors are embedded in all Europe markets through appropriate interventions that meet cultural needs, including an inspiring and engaging induction/ onboarding experience. Support new markets to understand, live and breathe ‘Dyson DNA’.
- Conduct an audit of the learning and development activities in place across Europe and partner with market teams to deliver improvements.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure a seamless candidate experience through recruitment to induction and onboarding.
This role requires a passionate, clear-thinking, tenacious, adventurous and robust recruiting leader with EMEA experience. They will question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done. They will identify problems and solve them. To accomplish all of the above successfully at Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following skills:
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Expertise in talent management and development, leadership development, L&D best practice
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation, systems, policy and procedures
- Minimum 8 years’ career experience with c5 years in a similar role
- Previous experience in a regional role /HRBP and in EMEA markets
- Multi-lingual (ideally) - excellent English and local language capability
- Fast-paced, growing organization with entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, balanced with a team ethos
- Competitive Salary Package
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
- Transportation allowance
- Health Insurance – Medical Contribution
- Eye Examination & Computer Glasses Reimbursement
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.