- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned Reputation. And every touchpoint with our consumers contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
About the role
The Talent & Development Partner is responsible for talent management and development for our RDD, Ops, Quality & Sustainability populations. They will be a talent scout, partnering with the business and HRBPs to identify, develop, retain and progress talent across Dyson. This role will report to the Global RDD & Ops Talent & Development Lead as part of the Global Talent Team and have a strong dotted reporting line to the Global HR Director for RDD & Ops.
- Understand Dyson talent management philosophy, and coach the business on having a strong talent management approach in their people strategy
- Leverage global frameworks, processes and approaches with local nuance as required, to embed a calendar of activities that will enable Dyson to identify, manage and develop our talent
- Maintain a strong and up to date understanding of business priorities and organisation capability needs and be well placed to support or challenge on key talent and critical role decisions
- Work as one team with Talent Acquisition colleagues to ensure internal and external talent is benchmarked and understood; Act as an advisor to the business on the full talent landscape; ensure internal talent are mobilized and prioritized for career opportunities.
- Be an active member in the global talent team community; Bring expertise, fresh perspectives, share best practices and represent the needs of your business area/region.
- Partner with the wider RDD&Ops Talent Team to deliver the Talent Review cycle, to ensure a high level of participation, resulting in relevant actions plans for your business area.
- Embed Talent Forums (minimum quarterly) across your business areas as a platform to raise profiles, address risks, improve career progression and internal mobility. Use talent data to drive rich conversation and action.
- Represent your business area/region at regular Talent Forums; surface talent for opportunities and encourage risk-tasking and across functional/regional moves to build well-rounded future leaders.
- Know your key talent, maintaining a pulse on their development, risk and readiness for career progression; Ensure each has a development plan linked to their target role, that is implemented.
- Apply talent data and insights to have action-oriented conversation with stakeholders around retention and development of key talent
- Champion and build manager capability to have great career conversations and build practical development plans
- Nominate key talent to join global talent initiatives/programmes that are relevant to their development needs; Influence development of future global talent development initiatives and programmes
- Partner your business areas to embed a robust succession planning approach. Maintain “live” succession plans and proactively follow-up on the actions required for the critical roles in your business areas
- On an annual basis, work with the HR teams and Reward team on the forecasting of resource needs to represent the internal flow of talent with the need to recruit new talent
- Champion diversity and equitable opportunity. Educate, challenge and influence the business to create balanced and effective teams made up of individuals with diverse skills and experiences.
This role requires a passionate, clear-thinking, tenacious, adventurous and data-savvy talent. They will question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done. They will identify problems and solve them. They will meet hurdles and surmount them. Most importantly, they will execute with relentlessly high standards at all times, with the future business success of Dyson as their goal.
To accomplish all of the above successfully at Dyson, people invariably have the majority of the following personal traits:
- Commitment to and belief in technology, design and engineering
- Excellent commercial understanding, data-smart and adept at getting under the skin of what makes Dyson and its people tick
- Good consulting skills and proven judgement of people-based objectivity and intelligence
Qualifications you possess
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Knowledge of talent management and development, employment legislation, systems, policy and procedures
- Minimum 5 years’ career experience with 3 years in a similar role
- Excellent English and knowledge of local language/culture as applicable
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and changing priorities
- Familiar with a matrix-style management structure, with key stakeholders overseas, and a UK/SG (or international) head-office
- Fast-paced, growing organisation with entrepreneurial spirit
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.