- SGD Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Established in 2013, Weybourne is the family office for the Dyson family, as well as the holding company for the Dyson trading group. Weybourne manages investments and provides financial and other professional support to the family, their estates, and business interests. The latter covers a wide range of sectors, including farming, aviation, property, music and several others. We currently have a team of around 65 employees, whose roles cover accountancy, financial control, tax and treasury, property and investment management, security, risk, and HR.
Weybourne Holdings PTE Ltd (WHPL) is headquartered in Singapore with subsidiary offices in London and Malmesbury, UK.
Our employees are offered a competitive reward package and the opportunity to work in a challenging and diverse environment. We’re really passionate about learning and have a strong focus on development through external courses, progression opportunities and cross skilling. We are proud of our well being offering and comprehensive employee engagement strategy.
Overview – Department and Role
The Tax Department are looking for a Tax Accountant to join the already established team of 4 to support the day-to-day tax work of the family office. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional family office and is ideal for a graduate embarking on a career in tax. Reporting to the group Head of Tax based in Singapore, the successful candidate will work as part of the family office tax team which has a global coverage to deliver professional tax services including direct and indirect tax compliance and tax advisory support in respect of business activities of the group. Excellent and unparalleled on-the-job training will also be provided.
How we work
With an eye on the future, we work with a strong collective purpose to offer considered and practical advice to the Family and their businesses. Acting in the Family’s best interest is, always, our primary focus. We are agile and nimble; we solve problems. Embracing a challenge is part of everyday life at Weybourne, and we are always up for a challenge! Innovation, courage of convictions and the drive to push new ideas through are qualities essential across all our team.
About the role
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to collate data required to prepare the relevant direct and indirect tax returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of the relevant direct and indirect tax returns. This includes preparing analyses of nominal codes and working with the finance teams to understand the underlying transactions.
- Assisting with other tax compliance work across a wide range of taxes, including but not limited to FATCA/CRS, personal, corporate, employment taxes and withholding tax.
- Assist with preparation of transfer pricing filing and documentation
- Assisting in the preparation of tax estimates and arranging for payments to be made to the relevant tax authorities.
- Assisting in the review of tax notices and attending to queries from the relevant tax authorities.
- Assisting with group tax reporting such as tax cashflow and the preparation of tax provisions.
- Supporting the tax team in respect of tax risk management including monitoring and implementing changes in tax regulations, and tracking of internal and external reporting timelines.
- Supporting the tax team and collaborating with internal stakeholders on ad-hoc queries, projects and other tax-related administration duties.
- Helping to maintain good relationships with third party advisers and with the relevant tax authorities.
- Commitment to developing yourself within your role – undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promoting and maintaining high standards work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that don’t meet required standards or any issues that arise.
- Conduct in line with the Weybourne Values. These are loyalty; flexibility; integrity; initiative and courage.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Introductory level relevant tax experience with sound tax technical knowledge. Graduates with a strong foundation and interest in tax will also be considered.
Degree in accountancy.
Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
Able to juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously and deliver on time.
Collaborate effectively with others.
Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new and unfamiliar challenges.
Unquestionable levels of integrity and confidentiality.
Pro-active, with good organisational and prioritisation skills.
Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
Positive attitude and very keen to learn.
Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
Ability to work autonomously when required, whilst still possessing strong team work skills.
Willingness and ability to adapt quickly to new and unfamiliar challenges.
Loyalty and discretion.
- Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
- Term Life
- Personal Accident
- Hospital & Surgical
- Outpatient Clinical Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.