- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the role:
Coordinate Sales Tax Process:
- Ensure sales tax returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Implement sales tax for newly added jurisdictions, coordinating Vertex Software, SAP, and other supporting systems (web store).
- Manage sales tax exemption certificates for qualifying customers.
- Monitor drop ship orders for sales tax compliance.
- Troubleshoot sales tax issues as they arise.
Support Income Tax Process:
- Liaise with external tax preparer to coordinate the mailing & filing for federal and multi-state quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns.
- Support tax initiatives.
- Work with the Group Customs Compliance Manager to implement local customs compliance processes and customs legislative requirements
- Support local customs compliance process and periodic audits.
- Prepare periodic customs reconciliation filings.
- Periodically review, update and maintain CTPAT documentation.
- Assist with review of broker/customs related financials.
- Troubleshoot customs issues, as required by the business.
Other Government Compliance:
- Coordinate response to all federal, state and local tax notices.
- Manage unclaimed property filings as required.
- Maintain tax calendar for all key filing dates and requirements.
- Ensure Personal property returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Prepare applications for SOS & DOR as required.
- Assist with audits by taxing authorities.
- Responsible for 1099’s.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- College credit or degree in accounting or tax strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in an administrative tax role preferred.
- Advanced with Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and typing skills.
- Ability to be proactive and able to anticipate needs based upon changing circumstances.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing needs for a department.
- Schedule flexibility including overtime where necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and personable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.