- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our Solution Architecture team
Spanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support, front and back office and product development, manufacturing and supply chain it's technology that makes Dyson work, IT is the nerve centre of Dyson.
Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability and challenging established markets and business models
Our mission is to empower Dyson by innovating in a connected, digital world. To be a trusted business partner and advisor, delivering world class, global, smart technology and services that are reliable, fit for purpose, innovative and value-orientated in support of our people and processes.
About the role
The Cloud Architect, reporting to the Senior Manager - Infrastructure Architecture, will be responsible for:
Developing and supporting Dyson’s cloud platforms and architecture.
Architecting, designing and delivering technical solutions using Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure. Resolving challenges, leading implementations, and developing creative solutions that meet project needs.
Providing support in the areas of IT Strategy, Cloud Model Delivery, and Infrastructure support, including scenario design and flow mapping.
Collaborating daily with Dyson development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to build and operate environments for software testing and training purposes.
Developing practical solutions and methodologies; developing "point-of-view" documents.
Developing our use of monitoring and management tools to promote high availability and performance of our solutions.
Leading a change in ways of working in the BAU infrastructure delivery and support teams to promote CI/CD workflows in conjunction with development of existing automation and orchestration toolsets
Leading the migration of numerous on-premise systems to our cloud platform.
- Self-driven individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone and technology area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), proficient presenting and explaining technical information in a non-technical way
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Able to demonstrate a passion for technology and an ability to adopt quickly
- Knowledge of Architecture frameworks, principles and methodologies
- Proven experience in data migration and ingestion of large volumes of data
- Experience with cloud servers, infrastructure, platform sizing, and cost reduction
- General knowledge of storage: network storage capacity planning, architecture and design
- Good understanding of serverless architectures across AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and scaling web-based platforms
- Good familiarity with designing and operating highly resilient distributed systems
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.