- Project and Programme Management
- India - Bangalore Sales Office
Technical Delivery Lead
Global IT – Commercial & Connectivity
Full Time/Part Time:
Head of Delivery
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson IT has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. The team is arranged into investment areas including Commercial & Connectivity, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development, Corporate – and many others.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering value to Dyson’s business through enhancing and developing key Ecommerce platforms
- As part of a wider factory model, manage up to 2 scrums teams to continually enhance our e-commerce position.
- Develop and maintain a rolling backlog of Business and IT change, challenging benefit and priority where required.
- Working with Product Owners, Technical Architects and Operations to ensure the right solutions are developed and implemented successfully.
- Providing IT Delivery guidance and support to Business Stakeholders and Product Owners.
- Facilitating effective governance reviews with delivery partners on resource performance through regular service reviews.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with delivery partners
- Generating IT Leadership Team MI reports on the delivery performance and trends to help with effective strategic/tactical decision making.
- Take ownership of end-to-end delivery on Technical / Platform / DevOps related change / delivery implementation and be accountable for the overall quality of work.
- Highly Accountable for any changes to related to Ecommerce Platform such as Platform upgrades, Integrations, Security & New feature development on Platform etc..
- Resolving problems and escalations on Product Management delivery commitments.
- Ensure requirements are aligned with business objectives which are clearly communicated and understood by delivery teams.
- Aligning and coordinating product owners and delivery teams for backlogs, workloads and priorities.
- Validating delivery partners estimates for development effort and managing escalations as required, removing blockers and provisioning resources for where needed.
- Identifying any risks or issues found in your deliveries and escalating where appropriate.
- Support and collaboratively improve Application Development Delivery
- Strong leadership abilities
- Keen problem solver with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to operate and thrive with high levels of ambiguity and the resilience to “bounce-back”
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace in a complex environment.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of IT Delivery Management experience, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations. (Mandatory -Ecommerce domain & Agile)
- A proven record of successful delivery.
- Understands the capabilities of key technologies (PHP, Magento, SAP CRM, MY SQL) and can quickly assess the applicability of commercial off the shelf technology.
- 3 – 5 years project leadership in a deadline driven environment
- Experience in manage & deliver the E-Commerce Platform related changes.
- Experienced in all stages of the development lifecycle from inception till release the software to production.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up with experience of applying at least one of them successfully in practice.
- Experience of managing CI/CD pipelines or large-scale change across CRM platforms
- Strong dependency managements skills, managing both upstream and project demand.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritises multiple tasks effectively.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of building and managing Scrum teams
- Experience of working with collaboration tooling such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS Teams
- Experience of working with enterprise-scale partners as well as niche vendors
- Experience of working with globally distributed, diverse teams.
- Strong experience of planning large backlogs of requirements across multiple platforms and vendors
- Highly motivated self-starter, calm under pressure.
- Strong customer experience focus
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with PHP, Adobe Commerce Cloud, SAP CRM, MuleSoft & Salesforce
- Operational infrastructure experience
- Vendor Management
- Professional experience with programming languages
- Professional experience with cloud hosted services
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.