- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Cloud - Software Manager
Internet connected and smart home products are growing areas for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. Since our first launch of products in connected space, we have grown fast to several millions of connected machines, and we are envisioning a steep growth in 2022 and beyond both in scale and connected features.
We want to expand the team to build reliable, scalable, and secure services and features to support these increasing demands with innovative and competitive technologies in IoT, Machine Data Lake, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to support our vision
We have a ‘You build it, you run it’ ethos and run all our services within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our teams are responsible for the architecture, development, testing, and operational support of their services in all environments. We are a global department with teams located in the UK, Singapore, and China and we encourage flexible, independent, and innovative thinking in our engineers to deliver solutions.
We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams to deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space.
If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, dynamic environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges then we’d like to speak to you!
About the role
As a Software Manager, you will be responsible for the Out of the Box experience of all Dyson Connected products, this includes pairing the Dyson Link app with connected products, architecting, building API and microservices for Connected products.
You will be using Node.js, C# or whatever is right for the job - to run in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. You will be responsible for features from inception to delivery, ensuring that all software produced is to the highest standard. You will be working collaboratively with the team in paired programming and mobbing sessions to ensure that we deliver the right solution for the problem at hand.
The team follow agile methodologies and are keen to ensure that the latest and best practices for software development are followed; all team members are encouraged to contribute to these evolving standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Architecting, Designing, developing, testing and deploying micro-service applications
- Guiding & mentoring team of Cloud Service developers
- Deliver Cloud Services based on the requirements from Product Owners.
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Working with team-based development sessions to share knowledge and responsibilities
- Encouraged to learn new technologies and skills as part of Personal Innovation time.
- Experience in Steering the software development and guiding a team.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining scalable Cloud services architectures
- Architect Cloud services based on the requirements
- Good Knowledge in DotNet Core or NodeJS development
- Expert in one of cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with Docker or other virtualisation tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques and tooling
- Experience in building production quality software
- Exposure to automated testing (Unit / Integration)
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Outstanding communication skills
Please apply if you:
- Think this sounds fun
- Like resolving complicated problems
- An interest in learning new technologies, skills and techniques
- Have experience with some of our technologies and tools
- Take pride in writing great code
- Have a strong background in software engineering
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.