- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Dyson’s global IT RDD & NPI function has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of many of the applications enabling Dysons global RDD and NPI teams and processes, with particular focus on early product research and development teams, the international research and engineering functions, robotics, and software development for teams located across 20+ sites in APAC, Europe, and China.
We're committed to our campus culture and don’t look to offer a regular hybrid working arrangement. This helps us to achieve the spirit of Dyson – collaboration, creativity, and inventiveness – in our inspiring, social, and dynamic workspaces.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Product Owner Team Lead, you will work alongside global RDD Electronics teams to provide technical leadership considering industry best practice across the capability area. This will include managing and prioritising a backlog of technical requirements for IT platforms/systems, working with IT business analysts to develop user stories and define acceptance criteria.
Your primary focus area within RDD will be Electronics HW (Hardware) and the specific tools and business processes surrounding that. This is an exciting area of continual growth within Dyson, as we strive to meet the challenges our Blueprint strategy provides; challenging ourselves to continuously improve in everything we do!
- Create and maintain an IT product development roadmap for our Electronics HW toolchain that clearly demonstrates technical thought, leadership and industry best practices.
- Act as an ambassador for global IT with the most senior global RDD stakeholders, solution architects, RDD engineers, subject matter experts, business process owners, and a wide variety of delivery and support teams, this will include joint stewardship for the robustness and maturity of Dyson’s Electronics design capability.
- Champion the needs of Electronics HW within the overall IT portfolio to drive prioritisation of key initiatives to enable balanced and aligned delivery against organisational objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining the EDA toolchain including integration with mechanical design and PLM systems. Tools responsibility includes but is not limited to the Siemens EDA tool suite:
- Xpedition PCB design and engineering tools suite, including xDxDesigner.
- EDM, Hyperlynx tools & Valor.
- FloTherm XT, FLOEFD.
- ECAD/MCAD collaborator.
- Work inside the RDD & NPI IT Delivery function and with external strategic partners to oversee the quality of technical delivery, ensuring compliance to standards and policies.
- Work alongside internal Legal and Procurement functions to gain maximum benefit for the business and strive for industry leading capabilities and application roadmaps.
- Support and collaboratively improve Product Management and application delivery through programmes and projects.
- Facilitate data driven decisions relating to tools, system upgrades and software negotiations.
- Support architecture with strategic partners and third parties to bring thought leadership, future trends, industry best practice, innovation, and opportunities for the RDD, new product innovation, and research application landscape.
- You will develop your career at Dyson by creating and owning your professional and personal development plan, using the internal talent development framework to baseline your capabilities and identify stretch targets to build your career.
You need to be customer focused, organised, confident, and be able to work at speed.
- Leadership ability to prioritise and manage technical changes.
- Strong experience of managing change within Electronics Product design and delivery for large engineering organisations.
- Significant experience with EDA toolchain development, integration, installation and operational management.
- Experience in Siemens-EDA (Mentor Graphics) tool an advantage
- Strong experience of Electronics CAD & BoM data integrated within a PLM environment
- Demonstrable Electronics HW & IT background essential
- Experience of implementing and shaping technical strategy.
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation.
- Outstanding technical communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence senior levels across the organisation.
- Ability to contribute to the resolution of service risks and issues alongside internal and external teams and resources.
- Ability to structure and implement organisational processes, procedures, and knowledge retention.
- Ability to produce meaningful Senior level reports on status, trends, and performance.
- Experience of project and software delivery methodologies/approaches/techniques – not limited to but including - Agile/SCRUM/SAFE/DSDM/DevSecOps.
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.