- Information Technology
- Shanghai - China
About the roleThe Application Development practice works closely with business analysts, project managers, strategic partners and 3rd party vendors to proactively create, manage and maintain software solutions for the global IT application portfolio. In the role of Technical Product Owner (Generic) your responsibilities will include:
- Providing understanding and technical insight on the construct and capability of Dyson’s functional area platforms.
- Working with Technical Architects, strategic partners and 3rd parties where required to define, implement and manage product development architectural designs and application roadmaps
- Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to coordinate the implementation of functional area designs and technical changes.
- Proactively managing the reduction of technical debt on Dysons functional area platforms – including the creation of technical user stories and aligning/prioritising them with RDD and Commercial Team product owners for delivery through development SCRUM teams.
- Working with BAs and business stakeholders to align on plans that can drive constructive/value add changes into Dysons functional area platforms.
- Identifying gaps in functional area platform capabilities and working proactively to influence IT/Business budget owners and decision makers on appropriate actions to resolve.
- Communicating and influencing Product Development platform decisions with key stakeholders to ensure architectural considerations and requirements are correct for the solution.
- Working with strategic partners and third parties to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities for the functional area application landscape.
- Acting as the platform authority with IT and Business stakeholders to ensure compliance with technical principles, design governance and delivery practice ways of working.
- Providing guidance to the IT leadership, key stakeholders and other colleagues as required to maximize value of the platform architecture.
- Enable a high performing team of technical architects including leadership and line management of product development technical architects
- Acting as an ambassador with IT and Business Stakeholders for joint stewardship for the robustness and maturity of Dysons platforms.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
You will need to be customer focused, to be organised and confident, to have a sense of urgency and to remain calm under pressure. You will have the ability to deliver results using your own initiative and as such, it is essential that you possess the following skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation
- Leadership ability to prioritise and manage technical changes
- Experience of architectural design on functional area platforms
- Experience of SW Development/Delivery on functional area platforms
- Experience of implementing and shaping the technical strategy on functional area platforms
- Ability to influence others and communicate with impact at senior levels across the organisation
- Ability to lead the resolution of service related risks through a range of internal and external resources
- Ability to structure and implement organisational processes, procedures and knowledge retention
- Ability to produce meaningful Senior level reports on status, trends and performance
- Experience of project and software delivery methodologies/approaches/techniques – not limited to but including - Agile/SCRUM/SAFE/DSDM/DevSecOps
- Proven experience of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of applications/areas
- Experience of Service Now, Advanced Excel, Visio, Sharepoint, Teams
- Experience of key tools – including Confluence / Jira / Stash / Bitbucket / GitHub
- Experience of AWS Cloud Solutions
- Experience of continuous delivery through agile design, development and test.
20 days annual leave
Performance related bonus
Additional medical insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.